msd coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

msd coil

hey whats up guys anyone know how to wire up the msd coil with msd base to whodwho megasquirt and by the way does whodwho megasquirt come with
    built in ignitor for wasted spark any help welcome.

so all i need is power to the coil and signal to the mega squirt right

Comment

I'm going through the same thing right now. I have the MSPNP2 not the whodwho but i do have the MSD coils on a GM base. According to the guys at DIYAuto the MSD coils do not have igniters in them and require a quadspark to function. This may or may not be the case for you. I would message WhodWho and ask him. He usually gets back to me within the day.

Comment

Originally posted by kev kev View Post
        so all i need is power to the coil and signal to the mega squirt right
        Sorry I missed this first day posted, i'm sure you are probably past it now but that is a good link that Raul posted and yes your ECU had the extra ignitors built in.

Power to the coilpack(from the old coil is good) and signals from the coilpack to the DB15 connecter on the ECU. The pins are paired up, you can run two wires each channel or bridge them and run a single wire each.

Here is a pinout -

Originally posted by blood_sweat_&_gears View Post
        I'm going through the same thing right now. I have the MSPNP2 not the whodwho but i do have the MSD coils on a GM base. According to the guys at DIYAuto the MSD coils do not have igniters in them and require a quadspark to function. This may or may not be the case for you. I would message WhodWho and ask him. He usually gets back to me within the day.
        Correct, those coils don't have igniters built in but his ECU does
        My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
        4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Working...
        X