Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
    I really shouldn't move..

I have a 2 bedroom apartment in downtown SF for $1500 a month, and I rent out one of the rooms for $1000 a month to a student. My/our room costs me ~$600 a month after expenses, and we split that. Rent control is awesome, and that's why I can't justify moving.

I can easily find a friend to live in my room and cover rent while I'm away, that's never been a problem. I'm also self employed, and 100% of the time I'm working from home, apart from a few conferences every year. Been thinking about moving to Sri Lanka or somewhere crazy cheap for a while to really save up, and work/travel at the same time. It's not quite realistic yet, but it's getting there.
    I wrongly assumed it was a 1 bedroom for that price. That makes sense. $300 a month each isn't bad at all.

If you do move and sublet, just make sure you're protected and management/owner is ok with that. Also even if it's a friend, get it all in writing. But I'm sure you would.

Your FD assumptions could be correct, all of us who missed out on a few M3's when we had the chance are kicking ourselves now. Obviously quite a few cars will continue to go up and up and you're right it may not be worth it to own anymore, so I can understand your thought there. Dogs rock too, but as many of us have said, you're wise to not want one when it would be staring at walls for 22-23 hours a day.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      IMO people who want to own a dog while living in an apartment obviously didn't grow up with dogs and get to know them. It's a shit life for a dog to be cooped up in a concrete box for 23 hours of the day and only to be allowed to go outside and crap. Dogs belong outside in a yard with grass and squirrels and dirt. A dog is a living thing and a responsibility, not a cute toy.
      +1

GF grew up on a farm and knows where dogs are in their element.
      As a result,the GF has never wanted a dog, because we rent (hopefully not too much longer).

She always shakes her head in disbelief when we see people in dt Vancouver with all sorts of dogs, esp. border collie's (sp?)
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

FD aside, a dog while living in an apartment sounds like a terrible thing - for you and the dog.

I agree with the person who said that she probably didn't grow up with a dog so she doesn't understand the responsibility.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I didn't read any of this.

It's a great idea to get a FD.

You can fit a dog in a FD.

Get the FD and the dog and kick the GF to the curb.

Done.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Get the FD, kick the GF to the curb, get a new GF who already accepts the FD as part of your life.

Easy, especially if you consider buying an FD to be a reasonable choice.

Or, you know be all like "I'm getting that car, and paying for a place for it to live. If you want that dog you can do the same."

Comment

Us? Are you married? Why is your girlfriend living with you? Do what you want to do. Trust me, make it clear that you are a man and you will do as you will please as long as it is mature and not impulsive. If she wants a dog....I love dogs...let her get a dog from the shelter or something. Dogs in small spaces are not a problem for those of us that are used to their behavior. If you both realize that the dog is unhappy being in a small apartment adopt him to someone else that want to talk him in. All I'm saying is that you are in a position where you think you need approval from this woman living with you. All you are doing is subsidizing her rent. Take this from a married man of 8 years that has three children, a cat he didn't ever want, and a dog we both agreed to rescue and love. IMADICK

Edit: If she does anal, and begs for it just get a dog and forget the FD. I'm married :(
              Last edited by Restoman; 12-30-2016, 01:37 AM. Reason: Anal
              i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

The only problem i see with the situation is the "mind jujitsu"....why does fairness have to enter the equation? Why is someone you care about trying to twist your thought by leveraging it against something you want or a goal you are trying to achieve? I don't understand that. It's either an immature spoiled response or a more sinister method of manipulation.

She could have a dog if she wants, but the only reason she needs your approval is why?

Comment

I'm waiting for you to post a pic of you standing next to an FD followed by a quote that says your single.

My last GF dumped me after four years because I'm a car enthusiast, pretty much. In those four years, I did very little with my cars too, put her first, always and we ended up breaking up over a passion I had sidelined for her. Towards the end of that relationship I told myself, I'm going to do whatever I want and if she doesn't want to be with me because of it, then so be it. Point of the story, don't be invest your time with someone that gives you shit for doing something you're passionate about. Women will come and go out of your life, so don't waste your time trying to get people to convince you about something you already know you want to do. Just do it.
                  Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                  Q
                  :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

^^^^ Unless your married. My wife knew about my passion with cars going in and she didn't try to change anything about me. She wants a 58 impala. I guess i got lucky ?
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I'll repeat it again.

Finding a lady to wife that understands your car addiction is incredible/almost necessary.

My M3 is selling today. Already looking for what to put in the garage next. All while being fully supported from her.
                      My previous build (currently E30-less)
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                      X