Fuse 27 - H E L P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuse 27 - H E L P

Fuse 27 is blowing as soon as I put a new fuse in to the slot. The doors are shut and the car isn't running and this fuse still blows.

Fuse 27: Central locking, door lock heating, anti-thet protection, on board computer.

My central locking has never worked.

Is anti theft protection for the tape deck. If so my this could be the cause because the PO cut the wires when he put in the CD player.

Any ideas people? Could someone post the wire diagram from the bently for this fuse???

TIA

-Spencer

If I remember some of the other posts on here, the central locking controller is under the drivers-side dash...Pull the connector off of it and see if your problem clears. If so, that or some other piece of central locking hardware is shorted. Good Luck.

Comment

That's worth a try

-Spencer

Comment

ttt

Comment

I have the same problem but when I unplug my stereo it doesn't blow anymore.

try pulling out your stereo.
          R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
            I have the same problem but when I unplug my stereo it doesn't blow anymore.

try pulling out your stereo.
            Does your central locking work when the deck is out?

The stupid PO should have spent the $5 for a wiring harness.

-Spencer

Comment

sounds like you have a couple wire shorting out (touching eachother) be careful, this happened to me, and eventually i stuck in a bigger fuse because I was sick of it blowing all the time (this was a long time ago, i know better now) and i burned the wiring harness that goes from the headlight switch through, behing the cluster, it was a pain in the ass...
              Dan

Comment

Bump. So it could be related to stereo or central locking?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Carufel View Post
                  Bump. So it could be related to stereo or central locking?
                  That's what mine was. The fag that put the radio in cut a wire and didn't tape it up. Stated grounding out on the chassis and melted a couple wires under the steering wheel. I traced mine by finding a small thin black pug that goes into a part of a big white multiplug that had wires melted together. When I did that I could turn on lights and such and be fine but no radio, that is when I pulled the deck out I found the toasty clipped wire. :hitler:
                  Originally posted by 325Projectz
                  don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
                  :nice:

Comment

Working...
                  X