No announcement yet.

How to mount harness to roll bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly wouldn't drill into the actual cage. You want that thing as strong as possible, right? Any holes/slots will make it weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
      I honestly wouldn't drill into the actual cage. You want that thing as strong as possible, right? Any holes/slots will make it weaker.
      Nevermind, dumb idea

Got all the information I needed there. Looks like its time to break out some fireproof blankets and weld some tabs in.

Comment

I got some decent welding blankets from harbor freight for pretty cheap (if you're looking for something) it should be on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood View Post
          I got some decent welding blankets from harbor freight for pretty cheap (if you're looking for something) it should be on their website.
          Hey man thanks. Appreciate your help along with your contributions to my turbo build thread

<333

Comment

Originally posted by Jafxod View Post
            Looks like its time to break out some fireproof blankets and weld some tabs in.
            Just make sure you get the angles right. A tab will work fine as long as it's in-line with the force being applied. But if you apply torque to the tab, it could tear off.
            sigpic
            1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
            2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
              Just make sure you get the angles right. A tab will work fine as long as it's in-line with the force being applied. But if you apply torque to the tab, it could tear off.
              Will do.

Comment

Working...
              X