No Longer For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Longer For Sale

Well, tax time is upon us, and since Good Ol' Uncle Sam wants $8000 from me, its time to say goodbye to some of my goodies. I bought these wheels from a member a couple years ago for my resto. I paid $954 shipped to my door without tires. I paid $330 for the mobile wheel refinishing of the faces. And another $400 for tires. So, I'm into them for over $1700. As it turns out, two are slightly bent causing driveline vibrations at speed. I just had them road force balanced and made this wonderful discovery. I was going crazy trying to figure out what was up with my car, but anyways, I have NOT had the wheels straightened yet. It was my plan to get this done at some point, but since I don't regularly drive the car, it wasn't a pressing issue. I did contact my mobile wheel guy and he said it was not a problem to have it done. So, if you want perfectly smooth round wheels, and who doesn't, you'll have to have them straightened. So figure in a couple hundred in your budget. I don't have original centers for them, but I will provide the CNC machined aluminum ones that you can glue in place. The tires are near new Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/50/16, with maybe 500 miles on them, but I doubt even that. Shipped to your door, within the 48 states for $1300. Local pickup can be negotiated as well from Summerville,SC. If you want just the wheels, I can do that too for $1000 shipped. I can take and send more pics to an interested buyer, just ask. Thanks.

[IMG]

The paint on the wheel (below) has started to peel just under the numbered area, there is another small section on this same wheel that is starting to come up as well, seen in the following pic. Also note the spot of "rash" on the lip. That is the only lip damage on all 4 wheels, and it wasn't there before I brought them for them balancing, f'n Firestone.

The yellow area is where Firestone said this wheel was bent. I can imagine the marks on the wheel are where a previous owner was trying to "fix" it, but didn't succeed. A pro would press out the bend with heat and a press, go figure.

Last edited by mthaynes; 02-13-2015, 03:57 PM. Reason: No longer for sale

Great price !!!!! Sorry you have to sell them,i have a set too and it would be very hard to part with them. GLWS !!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Yes, I'm not very happy about it, but we have to bite the bullet this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump for no tire price.

Comment

Working...
        X