Sound Decibel Meter - Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Decibel Meter - Bay Area

Anybody have a meter? I just got invited to an event at Thunderhill and not being familiar with sound levels, I would have to say my car at WOT is louder than 103dB....

S52, Ebay headers, 24" magnaflow bullet, and vibrant streetpower muffler at all 2.5" after the Y

Which thunderhill day?

I bet you'll be fine. I had a 3" AA Race exhaust on my S50 with turner shorties (1x resonator, 1x muffler, both straight through) and it never had sound issues at T-hill.

Same car with S54 was fine, albeit it also had factory cats so it's even quieter now.

I think dB meters are ~$50 at radioshack or frys also.
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

It is on Feb. 21st, organized by SpeedSF? I've never been to the track, but I was invited by a friend and reaaaaalllyyy want to give it a try. I would also need to buy some wheels and tires.

Comment

Should be fun! I haven't driven the West course at thunderhill yet.
        2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
        95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
        98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Check your phones app store. I found them pretty accurate and were all free I think.

HTH

Originally posted by f4tj0n View Post
          Anybody have a meter? I just got invited to an event at Thunderhill and not being familiar with sound levels, I would have to say my car at WOT is louder than 103dB....

S52, Ebay headers, 24" magnaflow bullet, and vibrant streetpower muffler at all 2.5" after the Y
          sigpic
          Rediculously Cool!

www.squatchboxx.com

Instagram @squatchboxxcoolers

Comment

I doubt you are that loud, we run headers to a short cross pipe with a cherry bomb exiting just aft of the passenger door on our E36 and we are in the high 90's. We were told next year to quiet our bomb down.

If you want a cheap way to quiet the car put some 90 degree turns on your tailpipes facing the ground.
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
            X