Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reprinting opinion

Hello,

Wanted to get some opinion here, the chrome trim is way impossible to keep looking perfect. So should I paint the trim gloss black or flat black? I've already repainted all the trim and door pillar with SEM paint.

I've seen a lot of flat black but not so much gloss

Thank you

url for an image
    Gloss
    25.00%
    Flat
    75.00%

Option 3, which you haven't listed... satin black. Will match the factory black trim most closely.

If you want to try out matt black, just plastidip the trim - that way if you don't like it you can just peel it off.
    My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Satin or gloss. Satin would be 'correct'. Gloss would be interesting, and I'm curious to see how it'd look. Might look good with your paint color.

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
        Option 3, which you haven't listed... satin black. Will match the factory black trim most closely.

If you want to try out matt black, just plastidip the trim - that way if you don't like it you can just peel it off.
        The shadow line option from factory is a satin not gloss?

Comment

try painting it with SEM trim paint, you'll love the results! factory satin finish.

Comment

As all above me had said. I would go with satin, not only will it look bettter it should hold up a lot better than a rattle can gloss black, and I think flat would just look a bit off.
            89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
            99 540it
            86 Volvo 240 wagon
            99 Cherokee
            13 Passat

Comment

I think gloss would look weird. I never liked glossy black trim on anything though, looks cheap for some reason. See: oceans of glossy black plastic on modern cars and in their interiors.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 1-26

Comment

Working...
              X