working on a new interior ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryan SF cabrio View Post
    yo, htseng ... here's a pic of the style that i will be doing on the front door/rear panel cards ... where you see black it will be lotusweiss ... & where you see red it will be silbergrau ... with silver grey stitching on the inserts ... & M seams on the door pulls/map pockets (to tie in the M seams on the console & the mtech II steering wheel) ...

regarding seats ... i'll be reupholstering them in the same factory lotusweiss napa with white seams ... however ... the center inserts of the front & back seats will be silbergrau napa with silver grey stitching ...headrests in silbergrau napa with lotusweiss napa sides ... my carpet is silver grey so i feel that, in the end, the interior will all tie together ... i've never seen a two tone lotusweiss/silbergrau e30 interior before so i am curious as to how it will finally turn out in the end .......

Sounds like you've given it a lot of thought. Can't wait to see the outcome. Are you in the city? Im out in Lafayette. Ive had my 93 alpineweiss vert, stick, hardtop for 2 years now. Just got around to fixing some oil leaks this month. So the interior work will have to wait.

Comment

i live in the bernal heights area of the city ... throwing money at these e30's is like working those chips at the roulette table in tahoe >>> it takes a lot of strength to keep your hands out of your wallet .. haha ...

btw ... i'll be putting up my old full console w/six cutouts for sale in the classifieds soon in caae anyone wants to change the factory location of the heated seats' switches ... only works for a cabrio or 4door with heated seats, though ...
      '92 alpinweiss 5spd cabrio w/mtech appearance package & factory hardtop
      '95 alpinweiss 528iT
      '88 dodge ram 50 sport cab

Comment

my new leather doorcards, arm pulls & map pockets have finally arrived from germany ... thought i'd post a couple of pics of them ... i'm now waiting for my rear side panels to arrive ... & i'm getting ready to order my new leather two-tone backseat skins ... i can not say enough good things about alexander lenz & the quality of his work & the level of customer service he delivers .......
        Attached Files
        '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

rear side panels arrived yesterday & already in place ... rear seat skins should be here by thanksgiving ... 2/3's done with the interior now .......
          Attached Files
          '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

So when are you getting new wheels? After that it will feel like a whole new car
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

i've had these period correct wheels for 15 years ... some people don't like chrome wheels BUT i got such a great deal on these factory chrome Racing Dynamic wheels 15x7 correct offset for the e30 that i could not resist ... they were the last rare set of chrome wheels from RD before RD SPORT/Racing Dynamics split up ... the chrome window trim & white exterior really enhances the chrome wheels ... i personally feel that chrome wheels ONLY look good on white cars, but that's just me ... i must admit that ideally i'd groove on 16", but the roads in SF are so riddled with potholes that one really needs that extra cushion of rubber ........
              '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

Looks great :)

Comment

test
                  Last edited by ryan SF cabrio; 03-11-2017, 03:40 PM.
                  '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

finally covered the last bits on the console in leather ... besides the console, booties & handle, i also covered both ashtrays in two tone ... now everything connected with the console is wrapped
                    Attached Files
                    '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

sweet
                      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

thanks ... i also mounted the new sun visors
                        Attached Files
                        '95 alpinweiss 528iT

Comment

Nice! :p
                          Instagram here! :coolphoto:

Now: E30 316 M50Turbo & E36 325i Rallycar
                          Ex: Alot E30&E36

Comment

Working...
                          X