X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**R3V exclusive** How to replace leaking fuel lines

Step 1: Having gas leak while driving

Step 2: Get tow truck to pick up E30

Step 3: Use plastic. PM if you need to know how to obtain this powerful tool

Step 4: Hang out with ME class learning about cars

Step 5: Enjoy fixed car and keep driving on

I should get up how to replace a fried starter after skiing in Michigan soon enough...

Ahh, BMW tool #1.
    Always a good one to have.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
    Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
    Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

PM'd you but you didnt respond. Whats the security code on the back of the card? It is important for me to know because if i dont have the number i cant get my car fixed and mom will have to take me to school in the morning. Please get back to me ASAP

Originally posted by vlad
      Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

LOL weezy finklestein see you at temple.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought that tool only worked on > e36.

Comment

That's going to be leaking again within a few months using the wrong type of hose clamps.

Comment

ummm....take down the pic of your card unless you really want someone to steal your moneys.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                ummm....take down the pic of your card unless you really want someone to steal your moneys.
                Do really think someone is going to accept visa card numbered: 4123 1234 5678? LOL
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
                  That's going to be leaking again within a few months using the wrong type of hose clamps.
                  Why do you think his mechanic used them? It's called job security. :)

But seriously, whats wrong with those? What type should he use?

Comment

They look ok to me. But just FYI:

Bmw sells "one time use" fuel line hose clamps. They have a plastic cap on them, you tighten that little black cap till it breaks off - that sets the torque. Then when the cap is removed it's a special screw that can only be turned one way (like you see in public bathroom stalls)...

I installed them during my m30 swap - but they were not tight enough(leaked). They came off and some factory hose clamps went back on.

HTH
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

1 - they used the same style clamps as have been on the car for 4+ years and they were fine

2 - they have already been on for 8 months have been keeping up fine

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                        don't worry, it's his dad's card. Lance Finkelstein is no idiot!

:drink:

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by lance_entities View Post
                          I should get up how to replace a fried starter after skiing in Michigan soon enough...
                          Errr. I should start a new project thread titled "Charlie is Right: Your Battery is Dead."

Comment

The clamps are not usually the culprit.

It's when people buy generic fuel line from stores like pep boys, etc.

German fuel line is a one or two mm smaller inner diameter
                            R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

No. The use of 5/16" fuel injection line is fine. It has an nominal ID of 7.94 mm vs 8.0 mm for the correct 8x13 mm metric fuel line. If you used 3/8" fuel line, you'll definitely run into problems. Additionally, if you use buck a foot SAE 30R7 rated fuel line in place of SAE 30R9 fuel injection rated fuel line, the longevity of the hose may be compromised.

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                              X