Painting My Valve Cover..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
    One of the last valve covers i had on my car i painted with Rustoleum and Krylon. It held up just fine to the heat. But not to the gas that i splilled on it when i changed the gas line on my cold start injector.

And here's a valve cover picture thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=valve+cover

that looks amazing!

Comment

I about to adjust my valves and I have an extra valve cover so I am going to clean mine up and paint it before I do it. Nice info. Where can I get the VTH paint to get the crinkle finish? I wonder if you can get in in any colors?
      sigpic

Comment

sorry to high jack the thread a bit, but i was just rereading the valve cover thread and i was wondering how the "Rogue Status" gun show cover was done that Janderson posted up on page 7.
        was it done with a vinyl sheet or was it painted/stenciled on some how?
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

you don't need and kinda of high temp paint. regular old paint works fine on a valve cover. quit beeing tools about ever thing and just try some shit out. its not like you engineering a roller coaster.

88' m3
          91' 318is

Comment

Originally posted by travis816 View Post
            you don't need and kinda of high temp paint. regular old paint works fine on a valve cover. quit beeing tools about ever thing and just try some shit out. its not like you engineering a roller coaster.
            Fifth grade grammar? Maybe sixth.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
              Fifth grade grammar? Maybe sixth.
              Zing!

Comment

trent for the lulz

OP, go to your nearest paint store and ask for something that can withstand heat, say it's for a valve cover and they'll show you what they have. Good luck and post pics when you are done!!!
                Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
                If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
                Originally posted by J3M93
                This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Working...
                X