Chop saw stand build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop saw stand build

Started building a chop saw stand the other day. Thought I'd share some pics just in case someone else was planning on building one anytime soon. Cutting on the ground is hard on the back!

I cut a lot of 45*s and different angles, so I decided to make the top table rotate-able. I used four small steel casters and a 1/2" pin to keep it locked in position. It works surprisingly well.

Here's the base all welded up.

Here's the top table

Here's what will guide the material

I plan on finishing it up in the next few days, just wanted to share what I have so far!

Pretty nifty! I built mine a few months back, but didnt incorporate anything revolving. Pretty basic for me, blocks to make consistent cuts and a higher rail for crown molding.

can't wait to see how it looks when done!
    1987 Delphin 325e Sedan - Natalie
    1990 325i 24v
    1997 Chevrolet K1500 Crew Cab 4x4 - The Centurion

Comment

Looks great so far. Seems like you've come up with a solid design. I wish I knew how to weld!
      Instagram
      sigpic
      Current: 99 M3
      Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Are we talking wood chop saw or metal? Seems overbuilt for wood, but metal makes sense.

Comment

It's mainly for a metal chop saw. The undertray will hold the wooden chop saw which is used infrequently.

Comment

Finished the stand today. Works great. The rollers are conveyor rollers from mcmaster (~$11 each IIRC) They are rated much above what they will ever see.

Being able to change the angle this easily is very nice. I am also going to be putting in a few extra tubes on the side of the stand so that when the extended arms are not in use they'll be pulled out and stored vertically so the footprint is smaller.

The top is a 3/16" aluminum plate. The rest of it is build out of mostly 2x2 and 1x1. The angle iron on the bottom supports a shelf (not pictured) but it holds the other wooden chop saw when it's not in use.

Set up for a 45* cut

Here it is set up for a straight cut

There's a locating pin to keep the table from spinning

Underneath - here's what clamps the extended arms in.

Comment

nice job

-
              Project
              Parts for Sale
              Feedback
              YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
              X