Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep

Originally posted by nickoAUSA View Post
    Looking good man, you'll enjoy it that much more knowing everything is done properly :)

Ignition lead organizers?

You got it :).

3D printed in ABS and then smoothed with acetone

Comment

Good work here!
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Update 7

It lives!
        A new ETA head on, gaskets the whole way round, and she drives; I even managed to clean up the piston crowns with a little Seafoam and Scotch Brite too. Now to work out the little things like the extreme play in the gear shifter, and weak clutch pedal, o and that brake that fell to the floor while I was driving!

Comment

Congrats on getting it going, most people wouldve snowballed the new head by doing a 2.7i build but etas arent horrible cars and you got it done pretty quick.

Rather than going through FCP and ECS I suggest supporting our forum sponsors since they can match any of those other prices and you are supporting those who support us, ya know?

plus if you are really nice to the folks at bluntech you might get some of their famous artwork on your box.
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Congrats on getting it going, most people wouldve snowballed the new head by doing a 2.7i build but etas arent horrible cars and you got it done pretty quick.

Rather than going through FCP and ECS I suggest supporting our forum sponsors since they can match any of those other prices and you are supporting those who support us, ya know?

plus if you are really nice to the folks at bluntech you might get some of their famous artwork on your box.

Thanks, I didn't know about bluntech, I'll check them out. A lot of the build has been contributions from friends of the community just helping out. The car is definitely a bare budget college fund build, so I try to take the absolute best deals I can find on parts.

Comment

Update 8

So I found my coolant leak I was looking for... I think the bearing seal was bad on my water pump. New water pump is in, and I'm onto the next issue. The coolant gauge and tach weren't working so I pulled the instrument cluster, without pulling the steering wheel thankfully, and I found the cluster was missing a grounding nut entirely. Thanks to a fellow forum member a new grounding nut and M shift knob are on the way! I love how friendly this community is, you guys have saved my ass multiple times now. Also while I was out of town I think my antenna motor spazzed out until my battery died, and considering the car has the original radio that doesn't work.....Antenna delete time! Thanks garagistic!

Comment

Update 9

Well... I don't think I torqued the head to the correct spec, and I blew out the new head gasket. Water was leaking out of the exhaust slowly, and I was loosing coolant. New one in this weekend hopefully.

Comment

Do you own a Bentley manual yet? You should get one
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                  X