must post a pic
    must tell how to cook the dish

Tonite's main dish
    cast iron pan seared fresh halibut with basil

lightly coat halibut in extra virgin olive oil
    salt and pepper
    sear halibut in hot cast iron skillet about 1 minute each side
    place in aluminum foil with fresh basil, completely wrapping the fish
    bake at 425* until just done, test with a fork till it flakes all the way thru the fish

serve with a nice sav blanc
    Last edited by gwb72tii; 04-25-2011, 07:34 PM.
    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
    Sir Winston Churchill

that looks good dude
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    silver is old man color car. you need dat BRO-SECA BLUE.
    Originally posted by blunttech
    so true.. never let them know where you live..I almost ended up in jail when I was raping young women on craigslist
    Originally posted by george graves
    An S5x is like the girl you want to marry - an m30 is the girl you don't bring home to mom.

Comment

i like this!
      im a prep-cook for a catering company and attending CIA next year, my mom is a culinary instructor, and my stepdad...well he is a CMC and WCMC.

i'll prepare something this week.

Comment

Cool thread, I'm no chef but love cooking, can't wait to cook something post-worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
          i like this!
          im a prep-cook for a catering company and attending CIA next year, my mom is a culinary instructor, and my stepdad...well he is a CMC and WCMC.

i'll prepare something this week.
          my son is graduating from CIA in Napa, CA in 3 weeks
          “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
          Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
            my son is graduating from CIA in Napa, CA in 3 weeks
            im jelly lol.
            i actually work with an alumni, which is pretty cool.
            i know they are VERY good with setting people up with "leads" after college.

CIA is like the harvard of culinary(in the u.s).
            if i had real money i'd go to the cordon bleu in france(u.s cordon bleu is not what it appears to be)

Comment

You all just broke the rules! lol
              I am going to brake the rules as well. I have pictures but no time for explanations.

Wood fired Pizza (I built the oven with a friend)

Wild Mushrooms! (do not eat wild mushrooms unless you know your shit!)
              Always stay away from white mushrooms in the wild! These are Black trumpets and a few chanterelles.

Roasted ducks!

Down time at work. Skull and cross bones (toast and bacon with egg eyes and BBQ sauce writing)

Random Salad

Lamb chops and polenta

Duck comfy and risotto

Beer battered fish and chips

More pizza

Cheese plate

My Big Mack imitation

Bourbon Brown Sugar Bacon
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Comment

Culinary school years ago. I did a German meal for the cafeteria. Veg plate was potato pancakes, meat plate was potato dumplings and hand made sausage. Everything from scratch. Dumplings were a bitch!

Not me.

Definately not me! lol

Best nachos I ever made my self!
                  sigpic
                  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Here's a shot of me doing some sautéd Brandy apples. My sister is fucking priceless. On the menu that night. simmered brats in Newcastle served on a bed of sauerkraut with a side of brandy apples and home made hard roll. Wish I had a picture of the finished product. :( My sister and her fiancé were my guinea pigs for a surprise bday party I had to do(35-40 people).

Originally posted by Ryan...
                    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Fire! Love the extinguisher! lol
                      sigpic

Comment

I suck in the kitchen, but the woman is a chef and is determined to make me so fat no other woman would ever want me. Like, homemade peanut butter cup kinda fat.

Case in point: Black-and-gold Guinness cupcakes with pralines for my Saints superbowl party last year.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

I can make these. Make a devils' food cake mix, follow the box. Crumble the cake into a bowl. Mix in 1/2 tub of cream cheese icing. This should make it adhere into a ball nicely. Fridgerate for a few hours. Melt some chocolate (not too sweet, dark chocolate or a mix). Roll the balls in the chocolate. Fridgerate quickly. When you melt the chocolate, don't go too far or it'll get nasty. Heat it on medium-low heat, then when it's almost done shut the heat off and let the last few chunks melt themselves. Cool it down a bit after it's melted.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Avacado salsa: avacados, toms, red onion,cilantro, cucumber, garlic, S&P, cholula(or other salsa) lemon juice. chop up all that shit, wisk together minced garlic, lemon juice, ev olive oil, cholula and pour over everything and mix. serve on fish tacos, or just eat with chips. its even better the next day.
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

good thread!! im a graduate of a culinary arts program/restaurant/hotel management

first off
                              portobello mushroom burger

duck

crabcake

lemon sorbet

school ;)

i forgot the name but it was a salad

tilapia

Comment

Working...
                              X