No announcement yet.

the Aluminum Monster. a 318 with a special 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My VR never leaked, re-used it twice too lol.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
      Permatex copper spray is good or a dab of RTV on that corner should do the trick.
      Matt, I plan on using the Copper srpay, Ive heard good things about it. Greg was raving about Hondalube ( I think ) yesterday, not sure if thats something I can use on this, but IIRC he said its better than RTV.

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
      My VR never leaked, re-used it twice too lol.
      Kyle, You're lucky! Ive read a TON of horror stories about VR gaskets.

Goetze headgasket and Conti Timing Belt kit should be here early next week. Car seems to run decent if the coolant resevoir is filled, so Ill keep doing that, but Im going to change the oil this weekend to try and get as much of the shit out of the oil pan.
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post

Kyle, You're lucky! Ive read a TON of horror stories about VR gaskets.

Goetze headgasket and Conti Timing Belt kit should be here early next week. Car seems to run decent if the coolant resevoir is filled, so Ill keep doing that, but Im going to change the oil this weekend to try and get as much of the shit out of the oil pan.
        I must have been, I was using the older non-stretch bolts as well... I really torqued them lol.

Hopefully the spray plus your gasket works, i hate oil leaks!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Just to give you a comparison of how bad this shit is, this was the first hint of what was coming. An oil change I did 2 months ago

oil change I just did

Head is coming off this Thursday

edit: I also installed euro trim on the front. Really want to mount my front plate somewhere other than stock, but no ideas...
          Last edited by 2mAn; 01-29-2013, 03:48 PM.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Damn dude you really pushed that, haha.
            sigpic

Always chasin'

Comment

Correction, I just checked something. First pic was taken 12/16/12, so this is ~6 weeks
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Thats pretty rough.....

Comment

Starbucks got nothing on your mocha latte making skills. Your e30 has become a glorified espresso machine LOL.

GL on the overhaul man.
                  SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                  IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                  BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Maybe you forgot that you used LUBROMOLY with their MOS2 additive stuff? That stuff looks like chocolate milk when its new. (Damn I thought I had a pic in my gallery). If not using Lubro(now Liqui) Moly then I'm sorry for your misfortune.
                    West German BMWs, they just don't make the same as they did before the wall fell.
                    ^Case in point: Auto-Repair Technology. Everytime my car isn't starting or acting up I let it sit, sometimes for an hour, sometimes for days. But it eventually fixes itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                      Starbucks got nothing on your mocha latte making skills. Your e30 has become a glorified espresso machine LOL.

GL on the overhaul man.
                      well, this IS Seattle after all ;)

Originally posted by NeoMishMoo View Post
                      Maybe you forgot that you used LUBROMOLY with their MOS2 additive stuff? That stuff looks like chocolate milk when its new. (Damn I thought I had a pic in my gallery). If not using Lubro(now Liqui) Moly then I'm sorry for your misfortune.
                      that is straight up oil, just slightly diluted :drink:

Plans are arranged. I am pulling the head off Thursday, machine shop Friday hopefully all back and running again before the weekend is over. Putting on a new timing belt while I am at it.

I also found some decent houndstooth panels and my friend will be grabbing those for me soon since they are local to him. I also have everything I need to be done with the passenger side seat. I put the 2nd Recaro in with just a Speedware Motorsport seat rail. I just bought a slider and got my hands on a 2nd seat belt buckle, so passengers wont be (as) scared for their life sitting in the passenger seat.

Next update should have some pics, not going to lie. Im a little worried about what the internals of the motor look like
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Ok, the fun continues. I pulled the head yesterday with the help of my friend Greg (gergpez). I think the E30 Gods have been looking down on me because we just made it to the machine shop in time and Greg got there just before they closed to pick it up. Machine shop guy verified it was "flatter than his first girlfriend" Im heading back over to install the head tomorrow. Should have it all buttoned up tomorrow.

Yummy!!!!
                        yummy by 2mAn

no, I didnt spill my coffee on the block....
                        dirty internals by 2mAn

dirty pistons by 2mAn
                        Last edited by 2mAn; 06-30-2017, 08:46 PM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Yuck....that stuff is the worst! I hope it goes back together smoothly!

Comment

Car fired up almost immediately! Damn that was a good feeling... Drove home from my buddies house about 30 miles. No issues, probably need to bleed the coolant system a few more times to get all the junk out, but I will probably just wait and do an M42 radiator, all new radiator hoses at the same time. Oil is changed again today and will do another change in two weeks. SO stoked to be driving this car again, especially with such little down time. Big thanks goes out to Greg (gergpez) for lending his garage and his tools. Also to Matt (mlarsen) for delivering some gaskets to me. :)
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

went out with a friend to snap some pics, love how it came out

_MG_2949 by 2mAn

_MG_2946 by 2mAn

more pics here
                              Last edited by 2mAn; 06-30-2017, 08:55 PM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

She's looking really good. Glad it went back together ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X