ST1G's s52 OBDII Calypsorot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
    I got them changed. But there isn't much room to get the second pad in after the first pad goes in. I had to use a dead blow and just pound on it.

I'm going to bleed the brakes tomorrow and get new front pads in.
    Sounds like you are decompressing the caliper piston before you slide the pads in. Take a C clamp and press it until the piston goes into the caliper slide the pad in and then hook it all up you should have like a 1/4 inch of clearance when the piston is compressed.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
      This thing is hawt. You need to ditch that shitty steering wheel
      I'm thinking PT Cruiser wheel.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      Sounds like you are decompressing the caliper piston before you slide the pads in. Take a C clamp and press it until the piston goes into the caliper slide the pad in and then hook it all up you should have like a 1/4 inch of clearance when the piston is compressed.
      I was pressing the piston in first. This ain't my first rodeo. I think maybe I was just having a downs moment. Not really sure.

Comment

I'm thinking PT Cruiser wheel.

I was pressing the piston in first. This ain't my first rodeo. I think maybe I was just having a downs moment. Not really sure.
        LOL been there done that. Everyone has that one thing on cars thats gives them a hell of a time and doesnt for others brakes must be yours haha

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Tonight I got a little bit of work done on Calypso. First, the photos from last nights cleaning of the carpets. Could be better, but the worst is in a non visible spot, so I'm going to let it go.

Learned tonight that this car spent almost all it's life in California

My new sub came in, can't wait to get the car wired up for some awesome sound. My current e30 has a serious lack of bass.

Next was updated emblems and badge removal. I'm not a big fan of badging on cars.

Next it was time to clean the dash and remove the skull sticker above the glove box. I also threw the e36 seat I have laying around in the driver seat.

Tomorrow I'm going out to a few yards and come back with quite a few goodies. At least one can hope.

Comment

Gonna respray the rockers before trying to wax the love back into it?

Comment

Looks good, keep at it man!
              sigpic

1989 BMW 325is (SOLD)
              1990 BMW 325i Brilliantrot (SOLD)
              1992 BMW 325IC (SOLD)
              1991 BMW 318IS (STOLEN!)

2017 BMW M2 (WEEKEND WARRIOR)
              (GRIGIO TELESTO RESPRAY, FULL BOLT ONS, TUNE-HPFP AND TURBO UPGRADE COMING AFTER WARRANTY IS DONE)
              1989 BMW 325IC (PROJECT(
              2002 FORD ESCAPE (DAILY)
              2001 BMW 330CI (FOR SALE SOON)

"R3v, being a bunch of cheap bastards that would try to negotiate a discount on a free engine,"

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Gonna respray the rockers before trying to wax the love back into it?
                Yep, I'll be respraying those soon enough. I'll see about getting the flaking clear coat off the roof, and then wax wax wax.

Originally posted by MT325is View Post
                Looks good, keep at it man!
                Thanks! I plan on it.

Comment

Tonight I got a little bit of work done on Calypso. First, the photos from last nights cleaning of the carpets. Could be better, but the worst is in a non visible spot, so I'm going to let it go.

Learned tonight that this car spent almost all it's life in California

Nice, that my neighbor city (Sunnyvale) , 5 miles away :up:

Also that paint you used on the grills, mine is pealing (I did all my bumper trim with it), I'd suggest some SEM paint if/ when it starts peeling.

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                  1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                  1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                  1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                  1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                  1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                  Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                  1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                  1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

my paint was pretty bad. i had a body shop friend color sand a buff it and it came out amazing. i also undercoated the rockers and it looks a lot better. also when you do it respray the bottom portion of the rear valence.
                    from this:

to this

E30 M30 B35 Swap Mounts!
                    http://store.garagistic.com/ocart/e3...=5475809a87e04

Comment

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                      Nice, that my neighbor city (Sunnyvale) , 5 miles away :up:

Also that paint you used on the grills, mine is pealing (I did all my bumper trim with it), I'd suggest some SEM paint if/ when it starts peeling.
                      I'll keep that in mind. I did my zinno's grills and trim with it about a year ago and I've not got any pealing yet.

Originally posted by mohamed... View Post
                      my paint was pretty bad. i had a body shop friend color sand a buff it and it came out amazing. i also undercoated the rockers and it looks a lot better. also when you do it respray the bottom portion of the rear valence.
                      from this...
                      Thanks! I planned on redoing the rear skirt, and rockers. I think that will help the car look much better, then I'll go crazy buffing out the paint.

Your car is looking good!

Comment

Don't skimp on the undercoating. I did my rockers and rear valence with 3M Rubberized undercoating. It's a matte finish and makes it look really nice.
                        sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Well, maybe a change of plans for now on the interior. Today I picked up a full interior of beige hounds tooth for about $80. That includes hounds tooth sport seats. They aren't in the best shape but with a little love they will look good. I plan on going to a black interior with vaders, but that's down the road so this will do for now ;D

I had the car stuffed to the gills with parts. Including a front valance I found for Kyle (Cronopoulos). I got some looks going down the freeway, that's for sure.

The hounds tooth.

I also picked up an es lip, which I think will look good, I need to get it sanded down and repainted but that should be no trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                            Don't skimp on the undercoating. I did my rockers and rear valence with 3M Rubberized undercoating. It's a matte finish and makes it look really nice.
                            I did my zinno about three years ago when I got it with some flat enamel and it's held up pretty well. I'll take a look at that 3M Rubberized though, that sounds nice.

Comment

ST1G's Calypsorot Metallic build

Great pick up for 80 bucks. Fix that bolster and you'll be good. I've been using east woods undercoating it's not bad stuff and is pretty cheap.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                                Great pick up for 80 bucks. Fix that bolster and you'll be good
                                Thats what I thought. Luckily my mom is a wizard at sewing so she should be able to help me get that driver side looking presentable. I <3 Moms.

Comment

Working...
                                X