Bought a diesel hauler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a diesel hauler

I was recently visiting my mother in Arizona for two weeks. While there I wanted to buy some type of vehicle to bring back to Michigan. I was open to any vehicle so long as it was rust free. I searched for e30's first but the pickings were slim. I never got the chance to visit with forum member ParsedOut and look at his e30. The time that I was free, highway I10 was a nightmare.

After a night of deciding what I really needed, the choice was made to buy a diesel. I've been using my Crown Victoria to haul my dune buggy and mustang to the track. The crown handles the load well but I never felt right using a car as a toy hauler.

I never found the right vehicle in Arizona but I did find one in Michigan that recently came from Arizona. The truck is a 1997 Ford F250 7.3 powerstroke turbo diesel. The truck has a complete Banks turbo system including upgraded turbo, intercooler, piping, turbo back exhaust and gauges. Not sure on the height of the lift.
    The truck drives and handles as if it were new.

Verryy niiceeee!

FREE BITCOINS!! http://qoinpro.com/71690d1639966bfbf223bf16538cec21
    Originally posted by scabzzzz
    I stand up, pull my dick out, and asked my gf to give me some noggin... Well, she starts laughing at me and I freaked out and ran off and locked myself in a bedroom.
    1989 325i - Project/weekend driver
    2002 325i - DD
    2005 Suzuki SV650 - Toy

Comment

Nice.

Comment

not bad at all for a combine powered rig
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Crew cab short beds in that body style are highly sought after. Should hold value well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb68 View Post
            Crew cab short beds in that body style are highly sought after. Should hold value well.
            I agree. The seller was very vague on his craigs ad. He descibed the rig in a couple sentences and didn't elaborate on the Banks system. 1997 never came intercooled and he failed to mention that this 97' has a Banks intercooler. He financed it months earlier later realizing he wanted out of a car note. He took a lose and I paid the balance owed.

Comment

That's a sweet deal. It looks like a fun hauler for sure.
              1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
              1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
              bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

dang thats clean, wont find something like that up here.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

Nice condition most of that age are rotted in the cabin area excessively. IDI engines are durable and sought after. Too bad the alcoa's are gone.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Def nice looking. This can be a great way to snag a clean truck. GL with it

Comment

Well done, correct upgrades, nice truck!
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice score...I have the same thing as a tow rig. 97 f250, crew cab, short box. You will love it.
                        www.classicdaily.net
                        1970 m42 swapped 2002
                        1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                        https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I've got the same body style but a one ton longbed. Gotta love the beefier Dana60 front axle.

Do yourself a favor and go to NAPA and ask for a 6637 airfilter. This will replace the original and flow A TON better and sound really nice whilst doing it.

Second must do mod is to go the stealer ship and get a new cam sensor. Yours will die soon unless it's blue.

Next must do is convert it to electric fuel delivery. Or get a 6-position chip.

I did all of this to mine the fist week I had it and for cheap. Totally different truck.

My high mileage rig:
                            Last edited by Vtec?lol; 07-14-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                              I've got the same body style but a one ton longbed. Gotta love the beefier Dana60 front axle.

Do yourself a favor and go to NAPA and ask for a 6637 airfilter. This will replace the original and flow A TON better and sound really nice whilst doing it.

Second must do mod is to go the stealer ship and get a new cam sensor. Yours will die soon unless it's blue.

Next must do is convert it to electric fuel delivery. Or get a 6-position chip.

I did all of this to mine the fist week I had it and for cheap. Totally different truck.

My high mileage rig:

The TS 6-position chips is the most confusing to me. I'm not sure if should go with canned tunes or custom tunes. I've read DS tunes tech articles and it still seem their tunes are canned too?

I just spent $28 replacing the K&N filter with an OEM one. Do the napa filter mod have any benefit besides noise?

Comment

Working...
                              X