No announcement yet.

Revshift 24V Swap Urethane Motor Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES I know. When I unbolted them the top piece broke right off!
    1972 2002Tii

Comment

Too bad it failed. Hopefully you will get a new one for free or under warranty?
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Any update?
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by bmw2002tiiagave View Post
          YES I know. When I unbolted them the top piece broke right off!
          What was the outcome of this?

Comment

We tried contacting him through pm and email last year to correct the issue but he never replied. We would have replaced them for free.

We believe this to be an isolated incident as it is one of the only issues that we have ever heard of with our swap mounts. Furthermore, we slightly changed the formulation and process of our polyurethane in the beginning of 2012 to make it stronger and more consistent. We are continually improving our products and we can confidently say that rare issues like this are now nonexistent.

Comment

Sounds fair enough.

Comment

Wanted to chime in: I have revshift's "blue" swap motor mounts and their "blue" trans mounts. Work very well, holding up very well over a year later. Almost no NVH. I would buy again.

Comment

i'm not one to bash. but, if an item fails me once, especially something as significant as motor mounts, I usually don't go for it again. i ended up buying a pair of AKGs.
                  1972 2002Tii

Comment

That's fine. Just letting people know there aren't only bad experiences with revshift. I've had a very good one.

Comment

got my mounts, had a difficult time installing them. I figured they would mount the way factory e30 ones mount, but turned out I had to mount them the same way the e28 ones are. That is the only way both mounts sat flush between engine arms and the subframe.

Comment

Last edited by Smelser; 09-28-2014, 03:52 PM.

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
                        Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Any follow up to this?

Comment

issue resolved.
                            Last edited by Smelser; 09-28-2014, 03:52 PM.

sigpic1984 318i Total conversion to a DIRT race car.
                            Check out our build on facebook @ www.facebook.com/brewstermotorsports

Comment

Working...
                            X