UUC "Twisted" DSSR - For 24V/G260

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonytony View Post
    looks nice and tight, but I have a z3 2.8 shifter, worried it might rub on the vibration damper
    hmm...what makes u think it would rub?.....and why in the world is your vibe thang still on?...
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Because the lower part of the 2.8 shifter extends quite a ways down, i think i had to bend the selector rod when i first installed it. As far as the vibration damper, it wouldn't have made any difference if i took it off or kept it on, plus i like the peace of mind that it's keeping my drive shaft from vibrating

Comment

I hear ya.....

I only bring it up bcause I run the 1.9 lever and removed the vd upon install. Im sure you know most ssk folks run no vd......its no biggie and gives alot more room there... it just causes clearance issues leaving it on.

Sorry to be soo OT

Comment

yeah for sure, it makes removing the DS a lot easier also, plus i didn't wanna fuck anything up trying to remove it lulz

Comment

Can you run a straight DSSR if you have the ZF tranny?

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
              Bump for answer to this question and a review of the new set up?

Aside from from running the DSSR, what are all of the steps that should be taken to to have a ZF320 or getrag tranny shifting as nicely as possible?

ZF320 | M50 Mani | TRM + 21.5lb Injectors + 3.5in MAF | E36 M3 Rack/Driveshaft | Megan Coilovers | 002R/452's
              In the works: UUC Evo 3/DSSR, JB Racing lightweight Flywheel, Shrick cams, BBK (yet to be determined)
              I NEED A WINGLESS AW TRUNK LID PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                Yes, only the g260 requires the twist. E36 transmissions sit straight while the g260 is 12 degrees off.
                1997 540i/6 - stock
                1985 325 - M50NV - Getrag 250 - 2.79 LSD - MS2/e -LC-1 - 750cc injectors - Blunttech Manifold - HX35 - AEM UEGO
                1991 318i - M50NV - Getrag 240 - 4.10 open - e36 rack - Smileys - 55w 5000k HIDs

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrix2k View Post
                  Yes, only the g260 requires the twist. E36 transmissions sit straight while the g260 is 12 degrees off.
                  10° off.

Comment

These are amazing, got to drive a M3 with a DSSR in it for a few days. You can notice the difference.
                    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Looks good. Grind off the lip of that blemished section.
                      Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by GaryE30 View Post
                        Looks good. Grind off the lip of that blemished section.
                        I had planned on it, but never got around to it before installing it.

Comment

What's done is done, it's doing its job. :)
                          Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

dssr

my DSSR swap rod arrived.....purdy.

I do not eyeball any twist though..and she lays flat.

Ill call UUC to be sure...

but!!.... it appears from your pics one should see the twist as it sits on a table?...

Comment

Yeah, you didn't get the right one. It should have a very noticeable twist at one end, the two ends should not lay flat when on a flat surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                                Yeah, you didn't get the right one. It should have a very noticeable twist at one end, the two ends should not lay flat when on a flat surface.
                                I just ordered one of each and this is true. The 10 degree twist is very noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X