Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 'The Vintage' Event Ashville, NC

Anyone riding down for this? May 20-22

Looking to possibly form a caravan or join in one along the way.
    sigpic

I keep trying to go every year but my ix is not nice enough! If I could find a decent hood maybe.

But maybe regardless. It is the 100 years celebration. Hmmm.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Guys on the 2002FAQ make a caravan every year. Beantown people meet up with NYC people then pick up the Baltimore people. Then they pick up the DC/NOVA people and head down on a not so efficient route for the fun of it.
      That's a pretty consistent caravan that happens every year.

Comment

Do they go down on Thursday?
        AWD > RWD

Comment

They leave 9:30ish on Thursday out of Old Town area - they did last year anyway...
          It used to be in Winston Salem but they moved it to Ashville this year which is another 2 hours west so departure times may shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            I keep trying to go every year but my ix is not nice enough! If I could find a decent hood maybe.
            Don't worry about the hood. It's a chance to get the owners & cars together, no a concours. You might find a nice hood for sale there!

I'm driving down Thursday this year, but not straight to Asheville.

Comment

I want to, but Hyperfest comes first.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                Talk about backwards priorities

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post

But maybe regardless. It is the 100 years celebration. Hmmm.
                  Fuck it dude, I consistantly have the worst interior of any car there, but I still go. Last year I finished my m30 swap the morning of the drive. The cooling system was iffy and only worked if I was going faster than 45mph, but I still had a blast!

I'll probably leave friday morning from Richmond in my m30 vert and will be joined by a stockish e28, maybe a grey market e24, and hopefully a turbo e28. So anyone is welcome to jump on our train if you pass near richmond!
                  Last edited by McGyver; 04-01-2016, 06:55 AM.
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                  1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Also:
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Yeah, after talking to my gf, we're leaning towards going. This should be fun.
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

That's my white 2002 with its hood up, behind the tree!

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                          Really?? Yuck.

I'm on the fence about going, I usually drag a bunch of crap down there to sell but not really feeling it this year. 7 hours in my e30 is not fun, there's no AC and it rides like a roller skate.

Comment

Originally posted by peterman View Post
                            Guys on the 2002FAQ make a caravan every year. Beantown people meet up with NYC people then pick up the Baltimore people. Then they pick up the DC/NOVA people and head down on a not so efficient route for the fun of it.
                            That's a pretty consistent caravan that happens every year.

Awesome! I'm going to try and get a couple buddies from westminister and southern md area to go. I'll check on the faq for some more info thanks!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                              Really?? Yuck.

I'm on the fence about going, I usually drag a bunch of crap down there to sell but not really feeling it this year. 7 hours in my e30 is not fun, there's no AC and it rides like a roller skate.
                              Got any lachssilber hoods?
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                              X