Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics. and small update of progress on my E30 proj.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll have new pics up tomorrow of what it currently looks like. It should be going in for a respray back to alpine white next week. I plan on doing the 5 lug swap next and then putting some rims and tires on it. Do you think i should swap out the trunk for one that doesn't have the emblem shaved?, or leave it shaved? It looks alright except that the "is" trunk spoiler has the semi circle cut out of it for the emblem. Maybe remove the "is" trunk spoiler?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150ct View Post
      It used to be auto, now 5 speed!
      no more slap shifting!
      sigpic

Comment

Here are some pics of it after sitting for about a year in my parking lot. It's going in for paint next week! I have the front "IS" lip spoiler and attachment clips waiting to go on once it goes to the bodyshop. I was contemplating putting the factory "IS" side skirts on it aswell. What are other peoples opinion?
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
          Lol at my posts at the end of that thread . :D
          The funny part is seeing him complement you on having a clean car with the sig you have now.
          Byron
          Leichtbau

Comment

Thought it would be a good idea to pressure wash the motor a few days ago, and now upon start up the car idles like dog shit and then once warmed up, it's fine. I checked the plugs, cap and rotor, and a few of the electrical conections on the car and they're all dry and no signs of water entry? What could it be?

Comment

bump

Comment

Update! Update! Update!

Got the car back from body and paint. Overall i'm happy with the way it came out for the money i spent $800.00. They took out all he major dents, shaved the antennae hole, and sprayed it the original Alpine white with two stage paint (base coat, clear coat). I think it looks a hundred times better than the nasty pearl color it once was. I also bought the "is" front lip spoiler and had it color matched, shadow lined the trim, and repainted the front grill and kidneys with SEM trim paint. Body wise i don't think i'm doing much else except for maybe adding "is" side skirts. Before you start clowning about the tiny tires here's the reason: I had the basketweaves laying around with no tires. I found two 185/60/14 tires brand new i must have ordered at one time for something and never used them. Instead of having to buy 4 new tires i just bought two to complete the set and save some cash as these will only be on the car for a short time. I have most of the parts for the 5-lug swap, and will be doing that next, so why waste money.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks a lot better. I would paint the door handles black, and the mirrors black to add some contrast. The car is too monochromatic. Besides that slam it, and get some elips.

Congrats, hope to see my car there soon.

Comment

Put the stock trim back on, and paint the bumper trim black too... wait.. I like stock. It was perfect from the factory.
                    :: PNW Crew ::
                    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                      Put the stock trim back on, and paint the bumper trim black too
                      I agree. Way too much white. Never been a fan of the "dipped in paint" look.

Comment

Well, i can't put the trim back on cause the side mouldings were shaved already when i bought the car. They did a good job of it and it would be way to much work to remove it. If i leave the bumper strips black it would look weird without the black side mouldings. Without the black side mouldings, the handles would look like the only black on the door. I don't know, maybe some photoshops of some of your ideas, might change my mind.
                        Last edited by 5150ct; 11-07-2007, 01:27 AM.

Comment

^^Valid point, the missing side moulding does kind of kill the idea of more black.

I wouldnt mess with it, its a clean paint job from here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

i kinda liked it before. are you gonnah get clear markers to complete your white out theme.
                            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                            My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Maybe if i find some that i like that doesn't use the clear lexan cut out and look more like an oem part but clear. You liked the pearl paint? I got a lotta shit about it and i didn't even paint it that color. Thats the way it came from the po. I think it looks cool now maybe i'm just gonna add the "IS" side skirts. Right now, i'm going to start on the five lug and lower it, so i can put my M contours on it of my E36 330is proj.

Comment

Working...
                              X