Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E34 touring with 16in 7 series wheels - what tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 touring with 16in 7 series wheels - what tires?

I have a 95 touring and it currently has the 17 in 5 spokes that are heavy and I don't like them. I got the lighter weight 16 inches from the 740il and they have 235/60s on them which don't fit. What tire size will fit? 215s?

225/55-16 is the stock size iirc

Comment

225/60/15 or 205/65/15 were stock sizes
      since the e34 never came with 16" (i dont think) the closest is 225/55-16 (as tak7 stated)
      you could do 205s (205/60/16) but they are a little narrow for 8" wheels (stretched a little)

Comment

I run 225/50/16's with very slight rubbing on the strut towers...a 5mm would fix it if I cared.

Comment

My 91 came with the 16" weaves and 225/50 G-Force Sports and I noticed no rubbing. Of course I've had the winter wheels/tires on since December...

Comment

225/50/16 will fit,and look good.

205/55/16 will also fit and look skinny,not cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
              My 91 came with the 16" weaves and 225/50 G-Force Sports and I noticed no rubbing. Of course I've had the winter wheels/tires on since December...
              The rubbing is slight enough that 1 degree of camber would make the difference. Are you as low as me? You may not even notice the rub...look on your strut towers just below the spring perch. I'd bet it's bare metal. You can also look at the inside of the front tires. There will be a smooth ring where it rubbed.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanM50 View Post
                The rubbing is slight enough that 1 degree of camber would make the difference. Are you as low as me? You may not even notice the rub...look on your strut towers just below the spring perch. I'd bet it's bare metal. You can also look at the inside of the front tires. There will be a smooth ring where it rubbed.
                The car is stock ride height since it's gonna be donating it's 5 speed trans, lsd, and other necessary driveline parts to my Touring--which is also stock height since it will basically be my wife's car.

Comment

At stock height, 225/50's might not rub...but like I said...it's so minor...it wouldn't matter if it did!

Comment

215/60 would be an ok option a stock height e34 IMO
                    1988 BMW 535is - 5spd - H&R - POS

Comment

I've got 225/50/16 too. On some random wheels.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Working...
                      X