Moving to WA need living space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    Don't be silly. Of course property value has been increasing for decades, and rent will rise with it. Nothing is stagnant. Rent is rising beyond what it normally would due to minimum wage. Anyone can see that and should have seen it coming. It is simply supply and demand.
    You got the supply and demand right... you are just way off track thinking the increase in minimum wage has anything to do with it. Look at South Lake Union and how many tower cranes are up right now. Amazon and so many other tech companies. Seattles tech market is booming and that means high paying jobs that have nothing to do with the minimum wage.

The whole reason the minimum is going up is BECAUSE of the high cost of living in Seattle.
    And have you been to West Seattle lately?

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
      Don't be silly. Of course property value has been increasing for decades, and rent will rise with it. Nothing is stagnant. Rent is rising beyond what it normally would due to minimum wage. Anyone can see that and should have seen it coming. It is simply supply and demand.
      Prove that it's being driven by minimum wage. (hint: you won't be able to)

The new 15 dollar rule has only just begun to phase in and it went from 9 to 11 dollars an hour, which is not going to drive rent.

It's the tech boom and amazon employees who are apparently willing to live in shitty apodments at 700 dollars a month that are driving up the demand. Lots and lots of expensive condos are being built--not cheap housing.

Comment

Im up at my sisters in Everett right now.
        Iv been looking for rentals around the area and it is real real slim pickings. The other difference is that in the Bay Area they ask for credit reports, and here they all seam to want three years of pay stubs from WA. How is a guy suppose to move from out of state and show three years of WA pay stubs?
        One of my main goals was to move into an area away from heavy populations, and I kind of stepped away from that because I felt the job market on the main land would be way better. How ever I just got a job offer in Sequim working for a real nice guy that seams to have a real tight crew working for him. My brothers have worked for him in the past as well so he knows our family. Only down side is he doesnt seam to want to pay what Id like to get payed. Im going to see if I can get him to pay me a bit more. But id love to live some where closer to mountains and water even if its kind if remote.
        Thanks for the advice guys.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Working...
        X