Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASK ALL WHEEL/TIRE FITMENT QUESTIONS HERE - The Official Wheel/Tire Fitment Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with 17x8.25 et25 wheels would 215/45's work? Would I need to roll my fenders just to get them to fit? If so, what would be a more preferable size (if there is one)?

Thanks

Comment

Ok I ditched all my other plans and I need the following info.

1990 325is, it will be on Koni Adjustables with H&R Sport springs. I have IE Wilwood BBK the 16" slim versions.

I want to run 16x8 all around with 225/45R16, although if its better I could make the barrels 7.5

I am currently having custom BBS RS's made so I can do any offset I need. I was thinking ET22 would clear the rears so I would not have to roll.

If that wont work is there an ET in the rear that will work so I dont have to roll?
      Last edited by Staszek; 02-26-2017, 01:40 PM.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Need some advice on what tires, here is the current setup

Wheels: 16x7.5 ET30 Borbet Type C

Car: 1987 325i Sedan

Modifications: Front Fenders Rolled, Rear Quarters still stock, Bilstein Sports, H&R Super Sport Springs

Current Tires: 205/55R16 Front, 225/50R16 Rear (long story on the stagger)

Looking at doing 205/50R16 Front and 225/50R16 rear, wondering what spacers i would need and if i would have to do rear quarter work (would love to do 225/50 all around)
        1987 325i - Bilstein Sports - H&R Super Sports - Turner Mounts - 16x7.5 Borbet Type C's - 205/55 Front, 225/50 Rear Goodyear Eagle GT - Condor SSK - Badwella DSSR - Shift/Brake Boots by BWeiss Leather (aka F34R) - 20W50 Brad Penn #1 Green Oil keeping it lubedsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
          Ok I ditched all my other plans and I need the following info.

1990 325is, it will be on Koni Adjustables with H&R Sport springs. I have IE Wilwood BBK the 16" slim versions.

I want to run 16x8 all around with 225/45R16, although if its better I could make the barrels 7.5

I am currently having custom BBS RS's made so I can do any offset I need. I was thinking ET22 would clear the rears so I would not have to roll.

If that wont work is there an ET in the rear that will work so I dont have to roll?
          Can anyone confirm if ET22 will work? I know that this thread can slow down sometimes but I am on a time crunch with my order.

Comment

17's on 90 sedan E30

Hello, Im looking at XXR 527 17's. I see that there are a few options. I like the idea of the staggered setup. 8.25 front et 25, and the 9.75 rear et25. What is the right size tires, i prefer max width. Also what spacers would i need. I really want wider tires for the performance.

Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
              So what would be the perfect offset on a 16x8 wheel front and rear to fit 225/45R16 tires

I can roll the rear but is there an offset that would fit my car perfectly. 1990 325is.

When I say perfectly I am not a fan of the poke I would like it flush, I will be running H&R sports.
              ET20 works. I run 16x8s with 225/45/16 Star Specs

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

16x8 et25

So I just received a set of 16x8 et25 ( but ordered 16x8 et20) and before I send them back I was wondering what size tires I should run and will they work without rubbing? The car will be lowered 2"-3" max drop and I was looking at using 205/50/16 tires previously.

Will I need to do and rolling of the fenders or use spacers?

I have a 89 e30 325is.

Thanks ahead of time.

Comment

Looking at a staggered set with the following specs:

15x8 ET8, 15x9 ET-6

I'm at stock height, and might go for an enthusiast drop (verse stancer).
                  How will this be for fitment, and will I need spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                    ET20 works. I run 16x8s with 225/45/16 Star Specs
                    Thanks just ordered the star specs

Comment

Hi Jay, got a question for ya

I want to go 16x9 et15 in the rear of my cabrio on H&R sport springs (for now). I want stock diameter (or slightly greater; my car has a 4.10 rear) and not too much of a stretch.

How can I fit 245/45? I'm also looking at 225/50 or 225/45. I can roll my fenders but not sure I want to pull them just yet. Thanks!
                      Last edited by Das Delfin; 03-06-2017, 06:28 PM.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                        Hi Jay, got a question for ya

I want to go 16x9 et15 in the rear of my cabrio on H&R sport springs (for now). I want stock diameter (or slightly greater; my car has a 4.10 rear) and not too much of a stretch.

How can I fit 245/45? I'm also looking at 225/50 or 225/45. I can roll my fenders but not sure I want to pull them just yet. Thanks!
                        245/45 wont fit on a 16x9 et 15 it will rub. 225/45 could not sure about that offset. 225/50 is too tall.

Comment

I was doing more reading and it looks like a 245 is way too wide! However a 225/50 tire is 632mm tall compared to a stock 195/65 being 610mm. Which means fender gap is reduced by 11mm, less than half an inch. I'm on H&R sports, not low really. I don't see why the tire being 11mm closer to the fender would matter. I mean, lowering springs will produce more of a reduction in clearance. Is there another factor I should be thinking about?

Trying to do as much of an education guess as possible because I want to keep this setup for a while.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

16x7.5 et20. Car is a late model with h&r sports. Could a 205/50/16 fit without rolling? It has a 1.5mm space in the front for a brake kit.

Comment

Ahoy!

I have a 91' 318is, stock ride height. I was looking to put on Varrstoen DS12's in 15x8 et25. What tire size would work without fender modification or looking completely silly (I don't mind a slight stretch)? I was thinking tire sizes 205/50/15, 195/50/15 or 205/55/15?
                              http://www.varrstoen.com/product/ds12-2/
                              sigpic

'04 E46 M3 Vert

'91 E30 318IS

Comment

15x8.5 et17 tire selection

What's up guys. I'm a noob in the wheel/tire game so looking for knowledge. Gonna be running 15x8.5 wheel with et17. Wondering what a good tire size would be to run without rubbing (don't wanna have to roll the fenders if I don't have to). My 325is couple is lowered a little on GC coils. Also wondering if I'm gonna have to run spacers.

Comment

Working...
                                X