Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeler: Refreshed M50tu

Hey guys,

I have a 170k m50 that blew a headgasket. It overheated, steam out of the exhaust, let it cool down. Was driven a short distance home with no overheating issue, but still steam out of the exhaust.

Would anyone be interested in it if I were to pull the head, have it pressure-tested (assuming it passed the pressure test), resurfaced, and put a new head gasket on it? I would be looking for $6-700 with all that work into it, but obviously it would be a nice refreshed M50 that would last someone a long time.

Otherwise I would try to sell it for $2-300. Opinions please.

Thanks,

Michon
    Last edited by thedean; 05-25-2015, 12:26 PM.

How complete? Long block, wiring harness, pumps, alt, oil pan...?

Comment

Originally posted by slowe34 View Post
      How complete? Long block, wiring harness, pumps, alt, oil pan...?
      I don't have the wiring harness, crank position sensor, cam position sensor, power steering pump, or alternator for it. It has all the rest of the sensors:coolant temp sensor, coolant temp switch, knock sensors, oil pressure switch. Also, I will be taking off the flywheel.

Some things that it will come with that aren't pictured are the following: M50 manifold with air temp sensor and ICV, fuel rail with injectors, coils, vanity covers. I can take pictures of these parts if needed.

I can also include OBD2 headers or raceland longtube headers, stock midpipe, and stock catback exhaust for the right price.

Here's some pictures of the engine as it sits now.

I hope that helps.
      Last edited by thedean; 05-26-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Bump! Still interested slow e34?

Comment

Working...
        X