APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
    We're going to have to make an executive decision on offsets for the 8.5" and possibly a 9" version of our wheel. Offsets considered were ET20 for the 8.5" and ET25 for the 9" but I personally have doubts about the ET25 for the 9" wheel. With it being a speciality fitment we'd need feedback posted here with reasons why they want a specific offset.

17x8.5" ET20 is 16.4~ lbs.
    17x9.0" ET25 is 17.3~ lbs.

Final offsets are to be decided.
    Wow the renderings look great!! Thank you for the response.

I believe the 17x9 would need to be et10 or less to clear the front strut tube from what Kam (KA Motors) was saying. These would also definitely need to be run with some type of flare or over fender. Unless people were planning to run these only in the rear.

The offset for 17x8.5 at et20 seems to be a good choice for people who want to slightly roll fenders and run a fairly aggressive fit.

I messaged you a template of the UUC big brake kit. Is there any chance you could check the template with the e30 m3 17x8.5 et20 wheels to see if it will clear? My choice will depend on the BBK fitment, but I would definitely love to see the concave option move forward.

Thanks again for all your hard work. I know myself along with the other community members appreciates it.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
    Instagram:
    https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
    LS Build Thread:
    https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

I have a late model E30 and run E36 fitment 17x9 ET42 ARC-8s and 245/40R17 tires on E30 M3 parts, which are very similar to stock E30 for offsets.

I'm running ET30 in the rear with a 12mm spacer.
      I'm running ET12 in the front with 30mm of spacers. I could use a bit more clearance up front.

Front fenders have been rolled flat and the fender liners have been trimmed for clearance. Rear have been rolled flat.

I do not have fender flares or overfenders.

Originally posted by whysimon
      WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Ahhhh yes! chubby popped. I think 17x8.5 concave in anthracite will be the winner.

Originally posted by blunttech
        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
          Ahhhh yes! chubby popped. I think 17x8.5 concave in anthracite will be the winner.
          We are on the same page! :up:

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
          Instagram:
          LS Build Thread:

Comment

Definite noob question, but what would be best for stock fender fitment and everything?
            88 325i Cabrio
            04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

The 17x8 wheel they offer should be stock fitment
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
              Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                Yes I want anthracite. Width doesn't matter to much as long as I can fit a 245/40/17
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
                Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Is the rendering above the 17x8.5 or 17x9 wheel?

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                  Instagram:
                  LS Build Thread:

Comment

Sweet...

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
                      I'd be interested in a set of 17 x 8s.

1) Anthracite
                      2) Silver
                      3) Hyper black

Tires size would be around a 255

Pm me when this comes about please!
                      ditto on this, I wish people would follow the directions....im ready to buy
                      Current Cars:
                      2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                      2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                      2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                      1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                      1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                      1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                      1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                      2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                      CLEAN E30'S
                      S54 DRIVETRAIN
                      E30 DASH
                      E30 PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                        Is the rendering above the 17x8.5 or 17x9 wheel?
                        The rendering was the 17x9".

We're working on getting a deal hosted on the GBP site and 17x8.5" renderings.

This would be a great time to continue discussions on what offsets guys would like for the 9" version.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

On my early model with high arches, I'm running 17x9 et25 rear, with 10mm spacers bringing it to et15. Tires are 235/40/17. Quarter panels are rolled flat, and the tires just barely squeeze in there with no rubbing. I think without spacers, they'd fit unrolled early model quarter panels. Unsure about late model clearance.

I'm honestly in for 17x8.5 et20 or 17x9 et25. It would be nice to have both, but I'm sure that's asking a lot. I'd do a staggered setup if both are available. If you only end up doing one of those sizes, I'll likely still do a staggered setup, using the currently available 17x8 et20 as fronts. I just want to be able to run my current 215/40/17 and 235/40/17 tire size preference, without being stretched/bulged at one end and not the other.
                          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                          e30 restoration and V8 swap
                          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

The rendering was the 17x9".

We're working on getting a deal hosted on the GBP site and 17x8.5" renderings.

This would be a great time to continue discussions on what offsets guys would like for the 9" version.
                            My vote for 17x9 would be et10 since you need at least et12 to clear the front strut per KA Motors. I would love to run these with some flares and no spacers. :devil:

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                            Instagram:
                            LS Build Thread:

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                              My vote for 17x9 would be et10 since you need at least et12 to clear the front strut per KA Motors. I would love to run these with some flares and no spacers. :devil:
                              Agreed.
                              '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

I will have BBK clearance tested at ET10. It's possible at that offset that they will fit, as that's like adding a spacer to the more typical offsets we expected.

I'll report back next week with details.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X