No announcement yet.

APEX | 17" 4-Lug ARC-8 Pre Group-Buy Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! Concave 4x100 ARC-8's is exactly what I want!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

So when is this happening?

Originally posted by blunttech
      Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
        I hope soon! I need some of these in my life!!

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
        Instagram:
        https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
        LS Build Thread:
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

+1 on the concave look. Classic and updated FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92 325i Calypsorot Convertible
          H&R Sport Springs+HD Billies+E90 Drop Hats

Comment

Just a quick and super dirty pshop of 17x8.5 ARC-8's on GThomas's car. Original photographer.

Tires look undersized because he's running 225/45r15 RS3's which are shorter than a 235/40r17 would be.
            Last edited by lambo; 02-06-2016, 11:31 PM.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I would really prefer concave 17x9s. I have 245s on 17x9s on the front and 275s on 17x10s out back right now.

Has anyone ran a 255 on a 17x8.5?
              '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Originally posted by APEX Race Parts View Post
                What do you guys think about 17x8.5 ET20 concave? It could look like this, but would be 4 lug:

Requirements:
                -Roll fenders for meaty sizes, like 235/40-17

-Stretch 215/40-17 for a nearly direct fit

Note for you guys building track and big speed projects: any tire beyond a 235 in the front usually contacts the fire wall; yes even on an E30 M3. The fender is NOT the issue. If you we're building a bad ass E30 and wanted 245s for example, you would need adjustable front lower control arms to move the wheel and tire assembly forward, but then any size wheel that would support a 245 will likely need this too.
                I like this

Comment

In for 8.5
                  1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
                  1990 e30 325is
                  1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

Originally posted by chondamx View Post
                    I would really prefer concave 17x9s. I have 245s on 17x9s on the front and 275s on 17x10s out back right now. Has anyone ran a 255 on a 17x8.5?
                    Hey Chonda, most people don't know this but its actually a pain to fit more rubber than 235 on the front of an E30 M3. I have done it before with adjustable lower control arms, or an adjustable-caster lower control arm bushings, but its not fun and not plastic splash guard/fender liner friendly... Track car only type stuff.

Did you do similar on your non-M? Can you share with the community what you did and what brand of tire you have on your front fitment so they can understand what a forum member did to fit 245s in the front?

235/245 look a lot better, with more support on a 8.5" wheel. 255s want a 9" width for sure.

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                      Time line will be something like this:
                      • Another week or two of discussion to come to the final design details on paper.
                      • CAD and technical design time (two weeks).
                      • Get a local car in for test fit (one week).
                      • Group buy feeler phase: everyone shares, Facebooks, etc and we can get both US and international interest going viral (excitement grows when its a real product, not just discussion ;D )
                      • Payment phase (one week)
                      • Production (six weeks)
                      • Shipping and customs (two weeks)
                      • One week to land in our distribution warehouse, and ship to you

I'd say you could have wheels as soon as May/June, if everyone wanted something like 17x8.5".
                      15s would be more time by a month or two.

925.245.0773 | info@apexraceparts.com | Instagram | Facebook | Blog | Vehicle-Specific Fitment Guides

Comment

• Another week or two of discussion to come to the final design details on paper.
                        • Group buy feeler phase: everyone shares, Facebooks, etc and we can get both US and international interest going viral (excitement grows when its a real product, not just discussion ;D )
                        • Production (six weeks)

I'd say you could have wheels as soon as May/June, if everyone wanted something like 17x8.5".

Originally posted by blunttech
                        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

This is the proper way to set up a development and groupbuy. Way to go Apex and I cant wait to know what the final design size will be.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

oh man, are you really gonna do the 15's? sweeeeeet!

Comment

• Production (six weeks)

If the choice is 17x8.5, I'm fairly local (South Bay) and you can use my e30 to test fit. My fenders are heavily rolled/slightly pulled though and I have quite a bit of camber dialed in so I don't know if my e30 is the best candidate. I'm pretty sure I would be able to fit 235/40 tires easily. Either way let me know.

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                              Instagram:
                              https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                              LS Build Thread:
                              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Did you do similar on your non-M? Can you share with the community what you did and what brand of tire you have on your front fitment so they can understand what a forum member did to fit 245s in the front?

My car is almost certainly in the minority when it comes to fitment. It is on full ground control with track camber dialed, offset FCABS, Kamotors ultra wide flares with the stock arches cut off, and no inner liners to speak of. I have Kuhmo Ecsta XS in 245/40/17, and honestly, I could run 275s in the front with some tweaking.

I realize I am one of the few who seem to want a 9-10" wheel, but that's because I have all the supporting mods to make them fit, and enough power to justify having as much tire as possible. I would 100% buy a set of 17x9s or 17x10s.

Regardless, I am stoked to see you guys seriously looking into E30 specific fitment!
                                '91 318is M52 Turbo (in pieces)

Comment

Working...
                                X