X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new M52 E36 M3 Turbo build

Hey Guys!

New to this forum!

We want to share the info on our newest project - it's a 1997 M3 Coupe with a full turbo build utilizing an M52 block from na 328i block for big boost. The car is currently stripped as it will be going to paint soon and we are currently almost ready to start the engine build using JE 9.1 forged pistons, Eagle rods and a cut-ring gasket.

Attached are a few pics of our custom designed turbo manifold which is now out for Ceramic coating. As you can see, we removed the 32mm wastegate flange - also eliminating the down-pipe (due to the excessive boost creep caused by the long mounting pipe from manifold down to the wastegate.) We custom welded in the 44mm wastegate flange which will now sit above the manifold in the correct location. We have found that this is location - as close to the collector as possible - is optimal.

We've used this application on previous builds with great success and zero boost creep. We'll keep you guys posted as we move along. (Also pictured is a separate Active Autowerke manifold which we will not be using and that is for sale if anybody is interested.)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Group 2 Motorsports; 01-08-2017, 09:53 PM.

My New M52 E36 M3 Turbo build

This is the car in bad need of a paint job. Stripping out complete interior and putting back new carpet, along with new door cards. Here are a few pics of our M3 in desperate need of some TLC
    Attached Files

Comment

My New M52 E36 M3 Turbo build

Manifold arrived back today form Ceramic coating, looks like eye candy!!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Group 2 Motorsports; 02-15-2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Shell looks cleaner than I could imagine an E36 looking... lol
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
        X