No announcement yet.

My 325iC Body/Paint Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing transformation! I've been thinking of microsuede interior, perhaps I'll do that with my extra cabbie interior and see how it comes out.

This place is like catholic school, 2/3 of the students smoke weed on a daily basis, but the faculty seems to convince the outside world that drugs are just in the other schools, the resident pot dealer thinks he's cool because he has the originality to call anyone he doesn't like a homosexual, and most of the little children follow him like sheep, then there's the few with brains, you hardly ever hear from them, perhaps don't even know they exist, but they get all the sh!t done.

Comment

Thank you!

FYI i just put classic car insurance on it from Hagerty. Will cost me $280 a year for $9,000 coverage. 3,000 mile limit/year. I was pretty happy with that.

1988 325iC Project - FINISHED!
      Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=325iC+paint

Comment

Update: Hagerty rejected covering my car because the deer hit happened within 3 years. Went with American Motorists Group, have it covered for $9,000, only $213 a year. 3000 mile limit/year. No deductible. Sweet!

Comment

Sounds like a deal but Ive gotta drive mine more than 3K miles just for the fun factor. No deductable is killer though.

COTM

Comment

Just read 20 pages, what nice work you do.

I love the car, especially the hardtop! Makes me want to find a cabrio now!
            www.eurowinnipeg.com
            www.E30S38.com
            E30 Mtec2-S38 | V10 TDI treg | E34 M5 | E39 M5 | Corrado turbo VR6

Comment

Wow!

For the seats, what did you do about the seat trim, the plastic sliders and the handles and everything? Mine are scratched up and if I want to re-upholster them, it will look out of place. Did you repaint yours to make them look new?
              E30 | E46 | E53 | F31

Collection of my DIY Guides here

Comment

Originally posted by cncmastr View Post
                Wow!

For the seats, what did you do about the seat trim, the plastic sliders and the handles and everything? Mine are scratched up and if I want to re-upholster them, it will look out of place. Did you repaint yours to make them look new?
                Thanks! I wire brushed down the sliders and pretty much everything metal and repainted with semi gloss rustoleum. The plastic was still in great shape so I didn't do anything but clean and armor all them.

Comment

Ah! i see. Do you have close up pictures of the parts we just talked about, so I can get a better idea on how they turned out?
                  E30 | E46 | E53 | F31

Collection of my DIY Guides here

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerboy12 View Post
                    OK a quick update: I finished the rear seat and the results are AMAZING. Once again, I am SO GLAD I spent the extra and bought Kevin's kit from Creative Options.. it fits so good and after all that work and money I want it to be perfect. I added headrests to the rear which was really easy. Kevin is stitching me up rear headrest covers to match the fronts and should have them next week to complete the back seat. On to the pictures!

...And its on to the front seats now that I cut my teeth on the back...
                    i envy ur back speaker panel cover... some asshole stole mine for his boss who had a similar e30 when i went to get my headunit installed

Comment

I'm back...

hey all- not sure if anyone is still following this post, but I am on to phase 4 of this project car- suspension brakes and wheels! Lots of pics to come...

Comment

I am following, haven't read it all yet, good work. How long did you wait on the seat kit? I have read some things that he takes a lot of time to get kits out.

Comment

I have read the same thing. Apparently there is a guy named John Christy who is making them now and claims equal quality. Worth checking out.

Comment

Just read the thread. If you get time PM me some info on the interior kit, possibly what it cost? Paint is great. Makes me consider painting mine

Comment

Yessssss this is so exciting. Subscribed for updates.

Question: Why did the deer thing even register? Did you file an accident report? It looks like your car was mostly cosmetically damaged and I would think any decent insurance company would take one look at these pictures and gladly take your money.

RE: Upholstery - Kevin is MIA with a lot of rather unhappy customers and a couple of BBB complaints. Seems like a good guy that just has too much going on in life to run a business. John at ninestitch.com has done a lot of work recently and people seem to be very happy with it - I know he's done a few Q&A on the North Carolina E30 facebook group and is pretty active across the board.
                              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Time for an update! I got an RX7 BBK and stainless lines. Ripped them down and had them powdercoated and did the rears while I was at it. Rebuilt and they look great!

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
                                Last edited by bimmerboy12; 06-03-2015, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X