No announcement yet.

Budget stroker time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw... AC button on + Full Throttle = AC compressor clutch disengages and pulley freewheels as if AC is not on.

Will
    RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
    Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
    DaveCN = Old Man
    My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

I don't believe so , there is only one input from the AC to the ECU and that's to raise the idle speed when it's on. Other than that there are no other wires connecting the ECU to the AC system. But either way with an eta having the ac on just sucked the power no matter how wide open the throttle was.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Good deal, I'd like to see how mine would compare. And I've got to get the head swapped on cowden's 327i so that he can start taking advantage of some more power. He is still running a 3.91 small case diff, but he's taking it real easy on it. That thing without headwork feels like it would pull harder than mine though. I really need to change out diffs.
        Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
          I don't believe so , there is only one input from the AC to the ECU and that's to raise the idle speed when it's on. Other than that there are no other wires connecting the ECU to the AC system. But either way with an eta having the ac on just sucked the power no matter how wide open the throttle was.
          You dont need another set of inputs. It disengages the clutch on the compressor when full throttle is reached. Notice that in a LOT of cars when you go full throttle for long enough the air starts to get warm even when the AC is on. That is because the compressor clutch is disengaged.

Will
          RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
          Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
          DaveCN = Old Man
          My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
          If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

RE: Mod 2.7i

Great write-up on this job! I am presently doing a head refreshening on an m20b25 engine for a car I am going to use for track running. I wonder if it would be worth it to port the head on it (my $ budget is not allowing me much modification). I would like to eventually stroke this engine but for now I am just trying to get it back together so I can drive the car. Any comments?

Comment

Working...
            X