Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
    Haha, cool man :)

Aren't the big ends on the S50 cranks bigger than a normal BMW crank ? Unless the US motor is different... I know that the Small end bushes are smaller, cause the gudeon pin on the Motorsport pistons is smaller than a normal BMW crank.

Currently got a 3.92 open diff in the car... but got a 3.64 LSD lying at home... will go on when I do the short shifter, and the new springs and shocks.

Dunno, why our cars seem 2 make more power than u guys... it's weird.

Another thing... a guy I know is busy building a 2.8lt stroker, with ITB's and everything u can think of... he wants 300hp on the wheels... N/A so it will be seen if it can be done.

Then he is chopping the roof off and putting a CF one onto the car... he wants 2 get it to about 900kg... Granted it's a track car, but still insane.

Then when money isn't an option... great things can be done... His everyday car is a M3 CSL.

Digger, stock it made 89wkw
    s50 and s52 US version use bearing sizes the same as M20 M50 etc etc but the true s50b30 and s50b32 (euro m3) are different.

I was going to say that the different dynos account for the different dyno figures for SA compared to the rest of the world but 89rwkw stock (assuming it started as a 325i) is actually a slightly lowish number. In Oz we predominantly use Dyno dynamics which are known to produce lower power numbers and much lower torque numbers (particulary for high hp cars)than dyna pack, dynojet and mustang etc etc. A typical e30 325i will make around 100rwkw (135rwhp) +/- and a alpina 2.7 or a good backyard 2.7 stroker or e36 325i would probably make around 120-125kw (165rwhp) while an e36 m3 will make from 165rwkw (220rwhp) upto 180rwkw (240rwhp) as ballpark figures.

A good measure of hp is also trapspeed. With 161 rwkw you should be trapping in the low 100's
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Damn can't remember the name of my mates dyno... but a lot of ppl use them here in SA.

It's a Load dyno... but the power was made in Innertia mode... torque was 250 odd NM, I can't remember.

I must try and dig up my dyno sheet... it's around somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
        s50 and s52 US version use bearing sizes the same as M20 M50 etc etc but the true s50b30 and s50b32 (euro m3) are different.
        yeah, the S50us rods have the same dimensions as the M20 and M50.

I want to dyno my car soon..
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I found my friends dyno sheet... from a stock bottom end 325iS Evo 2 ... but can't find mine.

2.7lt bottom end, with 288 cam, and skimmed head, and higher fuel pressure.

Comment

Here is my dyno sheet... but not the one where I made 161... can't find that one.

Comment

Just looking at it... dunno why the date is out of whack... but was looking at my mates one, and it has the same date... guess it's not setup.

Comment

Working...
              X