HPDE Noob question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HPDE Noob question.

So I've been getting my car ready for the driving school and have everything taken care of except one thing, the numbers. I was thinking just use black electrical tape, but will this stay on at speed for an extended amount of time? I can't really think of anything else either, any input in greatly appreciated.

All the HPDE's that I have been to supply you with adhesive numbers. However, if this is not the case, just go out and buy some white shoe polish. Not only does it stand out better then black electrical tape, it wont make the side of your window all sticky when you take it off.

Comment

Most places supply you with numbers, in the event this region doesn't, use a white tape, you have a dark car.

-Charlie
      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
      FYYFF

Comment

They do not supply numbers and shoe polish is not permitted. White is a good idea. So can I just use white electrical tape? Will that stay on at speed?

Comment

You could always put the electrical tape on the inside of the windows (this assuming you are allowed to put the numbers on teh window, and the not the body).

Comment

Good idea, but no, it must be applied to the body. Also my windows have fairly dark tint so it probably wouldn't have been really visible.

Comment

well I am giving up, obviously I have been a lot of help in this thread. Sorry

Comment

Electrical or masking tape will work fine.

What chapter is this that they're not providing you with adhesive numbers? Also, you might want to be careful with the tint, a lot of tech inspectors at HPDE's frown on tinted windows, you might catch some flak for it.

-Charlie
                Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                  Electrical or masking tape will work fine.

What chapter is this that they're not providing you with adhesive numbers? Also, you might want to be careful with the tint, a lot of tech inspectors at HPDE's frown on tinted windows, you might catch some flak for it.

-Charlie
                  Snake River SCCA anyone?
                  My mountains are better than yours.

Comment

Thanks for the input.
                    I wouldn't think tint would be that big of a deal since at Sebring you are required to have the windows down at all times while on the track.
                    I'm running with the NASA, Florida Region btw.

Comment

Painters tape. The blue kind. Won't harm paint, shows up on everything. My favorite make your own # 71.

Comment

Awesome, thanks a lot, just what I needed to know.

Comment

Working...
                        X