Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toyo RA'1s - Worth anything...are they good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toyo RA'1s - Worth anything...are they good?

alrigth guys i maybe getting a set of 17's with this rubber on it (Toyo RA'1s)
    how good of a tire are they, how much are they worth?....i've never autocrossed, and if i did should i go with these bad boys mounted? and if i sold them would any of you have interest?

opions please.

thanks alot
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

I ran RA1's on the E30 racecar that I dorve. Good stick, I guess they last for a LONG time. Run 'em, see how you like 'em.
    -Ted

Comment

I agree with Ted. I have heard and read alot of good things about them as well. For the money, I think you are getting a good deal.

Comment

RA-1s are great tires, but if you've never autocrossed, I'd go ahead and try to get some learning done on some street meats. A lot of times, an R-compound will cover-up any issues that you may have, as a beginner, with driving. It's great to learn using the audible cues from the rubber at all 4 corners from a lower-performance tire to help you understand what the car is doing. Maybe after you better get the feel for what you're doing and want to "compete" with the class leaders would using up a set of R compounds be worthwhile. And with that being said, RA1s are probably not the most ideal autocross tire, in the R-compound world. They are great on a track, where they'll get enough heat, but a A series Hoosier radial or V700 would be the way to go on the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
        X