Shipping NIGHTMARE - Auto Transport 123

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping NIGHTMARE - Auto Transport 123

This is my shipping nightmare of trying to get my beloved dream car to my new home. Company used was Auto Transport 123.
    I want to make sure this never happens to anyone else.

Order 874154-BT
    They were to pick up a car of mine in Northern California at my residence, take it to the port, ship to Hawaii, then deliver to my new residence. It was a know non-op car.. classic collector's dream, a 1972 BMW "2002" round tail light model. I gave up everything I had here to move and help my dad start his first business. This was not just some car I threw money at either. I hunted for 10 years to find one. I put a year of work into it to rebuild. I scoured the world for hundreds of parts to rebuild her back to better than new. They had a week to pick it up until I moved, said "No problem, give us 1-3 days". A week went by, and I was forced to catch an already scheduled flight to HI. Now I'm not there, still no word, car is still sitting in CA. I call them to see what's up, and they have basically been sitting on their hands doing nothing because I was "mis-quoted". Why would you not tell me this?! Okay, originally quoted $1775, now they want $2050. I am SO desperate at this point I say okay just make it happen.

Another 3 business days (not even including the 2 weekend days tow drivers work regardless) goes by and still nothing. Now I am absolutely furious. After calling multiple times a day and speaking to 3 people, I finally get it picked up after 12 total days. Success? Of course not. Tow driver gets the car to port, they have not booked it properly, now they want $3600 plus. By the way the tow driver has been sitting on a 100+ degree parking lot for 3 hours while they refuse his calls or just hang up on him. He has no choice but to leave and store my car, as it's getting so much attention it's about to be stolen off the truck if he's not right next to it. On the phone they again just tell you what you want to hear, then do whatever the hell they please. They say "No problem, we'll work this out for you no matter what. We don't even want to make a dollar at this point, we just want it out of our hair".

What do they do while I am asleep? They go ahead and pay themselves in full, I suppose for a job well done... right? Now another $1650 gone from my bank account, a grand total of $2050. My car has not left 45 miles of my driveway even. They're not paying and will not pay the tow driver, so now he owns my car by law. Fees and storage are in my name now, even though they did this horribly botched deal, and he's going to lien sale my car in order to get the money THEY owe him.

Please, PLEASE, PLEEEASE make sure you and nobody you knows ever does ANY business with these scumbags. Do me a favor and share this anywhere any everywhere you can. They stole my car and my dreams.

Here's their BBB page as well:
    Current_SeeDee 1972 e10 Luna 1975 e10
    Past___Veronica 1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

Pretty shitty situation.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

Originally posted by Spyke View Post
      They're not paying and will not pay the tow driver, so now he owns my car by law. Fees and storage are in my name now, even though they did this horribly botched deal, and he's going to lien sale my car in order to get the money THEY owe him.
      How the hell does this work? That sounds really sketchy. Driver doesn't get paid a grand or two, so he now owns a 10k+ car (which could also be a much more expensive car)? WTF? And there's nothing you can do?

Comment

It's a rolling shell with lights and pretty cool wheels right now. My dad asked me to move and help him right before I started assembling it. All the parts for it have been in a container ship headed this way for a while now, almost to the island now. So honestly not much in the car and therefore not worth over maybe a grand to the right buyer as it sits. (First tow from my previous home to the dock would have been only $150 from the total if these people hadn't effed me over. Quickly became about $500-600 since they made him wait at dock 3 hours on top of the pick up and tow, plus storing it indoors at night when he was forced to give up waiting.)

But needless to say, it's almost impossible that I will ever find a rust free one in Hawaii too. It's an awful ordeal...

Comment

Got the car back, but was sold for an absolute pittance. Bank is trying to get the money back from the shipping company that never did their job.

Comment

Working...
          X