• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful brakes brotha!!

Other stuff looks ok........

Leaving the white gas pedal?
    I think you should

Comment

Yeah, I am totally rocking the white gas pedal. :devil: For now anyway.
      "And then we broke the car. Again." Mark Donohue, "The Unfair Advantage"

1987 E30 3L Turbo Stroker Das Beast
      2002 E39 M5

Comment

Gotta keep moving. Here's the fuel system design. Go ahead and ask questions if you're not sure how it works. Took me long enough to wrap my brain around it. :devil:

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Photobucket just took down Das Beast, and anyone else with high view count. Two days ago they demanded $400/month ransom or nobody gets to see the build photos. Nine Hundred And Seven photos ... gone. Screw you photobucket.

2002 E39 M5

Comment

That's awful. This is a fun adventure for all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, trying to save Das Beast. Test post using R3v server for posting. So far, so good. Can a moderator tell me how much storage we get on the R3v server?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by dvallis; 06-23-2017, 08:24 PM.

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Back to regularly scheduled programming. Here's the fuel system design.
                Attached Files

2002 E39 M5

Comment

So, having to change my posting style now that Photobucket screwed everyone. (PS: You should boycott them) If you have more than one attached image in a post, vbulletin shows them as a list, not as a photo. Pretty weird. Anyway .....

Dual ear diff mounting fully installed. Bolts are counter sunk in the trunk so they won't be in the way of the fuel cell.
                  Attached Files

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Why do we have beer bong attached to the Z3 rack? Filling it with fluid before sealing up with a recirculating block. You need to crank the rack back and forth from lock to lock for it to pump fluid into the workings.
                    Attached Files

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Here's a close up of the recirculating block. We tried permatex in this photo but did not get a good seal. Ended up using copper crush washers on the top and bottom of each bolt instead.
                      Attached Files

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Zip ties work great to hold the boots on. Get the good quality ones at Lowes under electrical department. This tool helps as well.
                        Attached Files

2002 E39 M5

Comment

eBay fuel rail is on back order until August, so I'm hoping SkiFree comes through with his used Nuke for me. In the meantime, here's the mostly finished fuel system. I'll post the part numbers and sources next.

Theory of operation: Fuel Cell has a small internal 3 valve surge tank surrounding the fuel pickup. 100 micron cleanable pre-filter keeps large gunk out of the system. Lift pump is a low pressure (5-8 psi) high volume Carter, mounted below the fuel cell in left side trunk well. This keeps it self priming. Output of LP pump goes to top port of eBay 1 gallon surge tank. Output of surge tank (bottom) feeds Bosch 044 high pressure pump and then 10 micron post filter. Braided 8AN stainless line from post filter connects to stainless 1/2 inch hard tube running down left frame rail of car. Braided hose runs from hard line to custom 8AN fuel rail. Regulator maintains 43 psi in rail, allowing excess fuel to return via a 1/2 inch braided and hard line. Return fuel goes to top side port of surge tank. Top port of surge tank runs to fuel cell return port. Fuel cell vented externally.
                          Attached Files

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Fuel System part list
                            Attached Files

2002 E39 M5

Comment

I use IMGUR to host my pictures. I used to pay a yearly subscription (really cheap) but I guess now they get so much traffic that I got a notification that all photo hosting is free. I have over 2000 pictures on there right now.

Also, photobucket sucked anyway.
                              P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

Hmmm. Might try Imgur. Thanks for the tip.

2002 E39 M5

Comment

Working...
                                X