Trading in my Volvo for a F30 3 series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    The F chassis cars are really awesome. The n20 is also likely the best non M Bmw engine ever produced imo but I'm biased because I sell them.
    Any complaints on the 328i ?

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
      Just fucking buy it. Deal with all the issues. Be a man for fucks sake
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Why not get a 328i sport wagon? So damn sexy looking and it has 5 seats shitloads of space and handles absolutely insanly for it's size. I have delivered a few to the dealer I work at and I am not sure I would have been able to tel you I could tell you the difference between the 328 sedan and the wagon while just driving normally.

Or just get a legacy or outback. Can get a 3.0r mid 2000's don't feel outdated at all. Never driven the newer fast ones but the normal 4 bangers seem to hold up and run well too.
        BMW tech
        Umass Amherst
        05 wrx sti

Comment

Originally posted by ANAK View Post
          Any complaints on the 328i ?
          Earlier models 2013 -14 have some turbo seal issues sometimes. The turbo will leak into the downpipe and it'll blow smoke for about 15 seconds on start up lol

easily fixable tho. Other than that and the fact that run flat tires are shitty thats it.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
          Ig:ryno_pzk
          I like the tuna here.
          Originally posted by lambo
          Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

The F30/F31 is solid choice. The wagon drives great for being a wagon and handles well. Personally I love the 328i wagons but it comes down to how much you want to spend as the wagons cost more. But either way the 328i is a solid car. I'm slightly biased as well as I work for BMW lol

Also, I recommend getting one with msport package. Makes a big difference in looks.
            '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
            '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
            '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
            '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Yes the F30 sedans and wagons are nice. But now I remember why i went for Volvo.
              I wanted something rugged with ground clearance and a nice interior. However there is something about a bmw that i miss. I hate slamming my front bumper on things.

M Sport package would lower me a bit more. Ahh the struggle. I also noticed that the 2013 328i sedans are selling for around 20k with about 30k miles. does this depreciation seem bad?

Comment

BM depreciation is terrible on 320s.. Because there are shit loads of them
                The upper models with M trim hold their value better.

I paid 52K AUD for my 325 LCi M sport a couple years ago, I would be lucky to get 30- 35 now. But 320s are hanging around the 10-15K mark.. so there you go.

320s are always for sale.. not so many 325 m sport exclusives. I would use that as comparison.

There wouldnt be TOO many 328s around and more demand for them.. The 320s are slugs in comparsion yet they have the same motor but negative one turbo.
                Boris - 89 E30 325i
                84- E30 323i

Comment

Originally posted by bangn View Post
                  There wouldnt be TOO many 328s around and more demand for them.. The 320s are slugs in comparsion yet they have the same motor but negative one turbo.
                  At least where I'm at, we sell quite a bit more 328s than 320s and just a lot of 328s in general.

They do have the same motor, but they both have a single turbo. The 328 (iirc) has different pistons. The 328 is tuned for more boost and larger exhaust diameter to compensate so 240hp vs 180hp in the 320.

The depreciation on those is possibly due to the MY16 3 series getting the LCI update
                  '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
                  '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
                  '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
                  '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

Originally posted by shameson View Post
                    At least where I'm at, we sell quite a bit more 328s than 320s and just a lot of 328s in general.

They do have the same motor, but they both have a single turbo. The 328 (iirc) has different pistons. The 328 is tuned for more boost and larger exhaust diameter to compensate so 240hp vs 180hp in the 320.

The depreciation on those is possibly due to the MY16 3 series getting the LCI update
                    F30 could be a great buy. Now im test driving the 2016 xc60 with the new Drive-E engine.

Comment

Opie are you a woman?
                      Originally posted by kronus
                      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Why do you need 9 inches of ground clearance in the concrete jungle of LA? For that matter why AWD? Has it rained or snowed in California in recent months?
                        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                          Opie are you a woman?
                          No but my wife drives our car more than me.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                            Why do you need 9 inches of ground clearance in the concrete jungle of LA? For that matter why AWD? Has it rained or snowed in California in recent months?
                            its nice to have some clearance. Awd is overkill.

Comment

OP should get his wife on here. She's the one making the decision

post pics first ;D
                              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                OP should get his wife on here. She's the one making the decision

post pics first ;D

I actually like picking a car that suits both of us. E90 was the wrong car clearly.

Comment

Working...
                                X