I believe it's Jogging or Yogging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it's Jogging or Yogging?

Didn't see any running/jogging related threads around here, so figured WTH!

Any others that run not because they are being chased or there's a clearance sale at Bimmerworld?

Be nice to see if any others are in to this and maybe share training types for different styles/races (Marathon's, relays, sprints..etc.)

I just got home from running Hood to Coast relay this past weekend for the 4th time, and this was by far the most relaxed team I have been on. Ended up finishing Top in our Division (Mixed Sub Masters) and top 10% overall (94th out of 1000 teams) with a total team time of 27:22 for the entire 200 mile course.

Everyone had experience with this relay (2 years to 32 years) and both van's were on point with the exchanges.

The only difficulty was during our van 1 first rotation, we had a little hot weather. I was runner #6 and my first leg was 6.6 miles in temps from the mid to upper 90's. Was having a hard team keeping my pace in the 7's.
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

I run fairly frequently, but not like I did in my early 20s when I could run 19 minute 3 milers. I have problems with shin splints if I run too frequently or if I run on pavement. So I usually run 2 mile fitness trails now. I ran a 5.5 mile trail in 97 degrees a few weeks ago and it was humid as shit. The DC area is way too humid.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
        Exactly.

Best part, my wife's name is Veronica. ;)

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Why run when you could walk, bike, drive, ride, fly, or swim?

To me running for the sake of running, is just humans making it harder to get someplace slowly when we could otherwise get there at a pace that enables us to enjoy our surrounding, or otherwise just get there faster.

Then again, at least it's not a race walking thread.

Comment

Instagram
            sigpic
            Current: 99 M3
            Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

To me running for the sake of running, is just humans making it harder to get someplace slowly when we could otherwise get there at a pace that enables us to enjoy our surrounding, or otherwise just get there faster.

Why race around in a circle chasing your own tale?

It's not always about the surroundings, more the competition or challenge.

For me, it's better than sitting in a hot, sweaty gym with a bunch of 'roided dudes who look like they are ready to sh*t a squirrel with every grunt.

Different strokes for different folks.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Why drive an E30 when you could buy a Camry? It's all personal enjoyment.

I run 10-15 miles a week depending how I'm feeling usually around a 8:30min/mile pace. It's a great release of energy and I always come back in a better mood then when I left. Why not go for a bike ride though? Because for me, I feel I can get as much exercise in a 4 mile run as I can a 20 mile ride which will take much longer...now, don't get me wrong I love going for a nice ride but for me they're more of a relaxing activity where running is much more vigorous. I did the whole road riding thing for a while, 30-50 mile rides a few times a week and I just got bored with it. Typically I'll get home from work, have a snack, go run for 30-45 min, come home and eat dinner then go ride my BMX or work on my car. It fits better with my life.
                91 318is M50 swapped
                05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                X