Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225/50/15 Hoosiers - Do They Fit Ok?

Anyone run a 225/50 Hoosier on 15x7s?

Any problems (IE rubbing) being as they're wider than your average 225?

I have early rear arches.

It probably depends on your offset, but I bet you could get them to fit.
    -Ted

Comment

Originally posted by SlammedE30
      It probably depends on your offset, but I bet you could get them to fit.
      -Ted
      About ET23, if I recall. Panasports for E30s.

Comment

Do you need that much tire? I will be running 205-50-15's in r compounds for auto-x.
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
          Do you need that much tire? I will be running 205-50-15's in r compounds for auto-x.
          No - I don't.

However - they're cheap, as they're a friend's and he's selling 'em for less than $350 (he's local to me) - about 80% tread life left.

Comment

With the panasports? I got my Ronals with tires and a spare wheel for $200
            https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
              With the panasports? I got my Ronals with tires and a spare wheel for $200
              Unfortunately, no. I already have the Panasports, from another (non-local) good buddy.

Figurin' new Hoo-Hoo's are what, like $150 or so, each, right? I'm happy.

Comment

I have 225/50 ES100's on et22 15x7 wheels. I had to roll my fenders slightly, and I still have a little rubbing on the rear passenger side. You can probably get away with just rolling them though.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Bill. I have a feeling that 225/50 HooHoos are prolly about the same as a 245mm street tire - I need to look up the tread and section widths. Gonna do that right now.

I have never run a set of R-Comps before - they're probably going to wear like crazy - so while the inital cost is low, they may not be such a deal once I'm trackin' them.

Might just get 205/50 Azenis. Still thinkin' it over.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
                    Thanks for the info, Bill. I have a feeling that 225/50 HooHoos are prolly about the same as a 245mm street tire - I need to look up the tread and section widths. Gonna do that right now.

I have never run a set of R-Comps before - they're probably going to wear like crazy - so while the inital cost is low, they may not be such a deal once I'm trackin' them.

Might just get 205/50 Azenis. Still thinkin' it over.
                    I would buy them anyway. Maybe even keep them on the side until you buy rims for them, and just have a set of weaves with azenis on them.

Its worth it just as bragging rights in your garage when friends come over.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
                      I'm not a bragging rights kinda guy. Just like to do my thing, and if you like it, that's cool.

Thanks though.

Comment

I rubbed with 225/50/14 Hoosiers on unknown-offset 14x7 wheels, with stock suspension. Rubbed the rear insides under accel.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Level E30
                          I'm not a bragging rights kinda guy. Just like to do my thing, and if you like it, that's cool.

Thanks though.
                          I would still buy em though, a deal is a deal.

Comment

I would still buy em though, a deal is a deal.
                            Yeah - hard to argue with a deal like that.

Gonna do it 8)

Comment

Working...
                            X