Tunermotorsports Brake rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunermotorsports Brake rotors

Anybody have any experience with the Cross-drilled rotors? Warpage/quality/feel?

How does one properly break in brand new rotors/pads anyway?
    Recent Rebranding!!
    Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
    E30 SM62/S62
    E30 M60 V8
    E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
    Instagram.com/garageaholic
    Youtube.com/garageaholic

As to your first question - and you will find that cross-drilled, slottted, etc are of no real benfit.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Not just no real benefit, but crack, warp, squeal, pulse, illegal on some tracks.

Mine came with them, they SUCK!

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

ATE Powerslots or stock. Unless you go Big and then ymmv.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

are the TMS rotors just made out of inferior materials? Are they really that shitty??
          Recent Rebranding!!
          Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
          E30 SM62/S62
          E30 M60 V8
          E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
          Instagram.com/garageaholic
          Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

people seem to be commenting on hearsay and single experiences

x drilled rotors are structurally sound if the holes are CAST. not drilled.

bmw rotors already are a dual rotor design, as in there is area in the middle to provide venting. so even blanks will be good in cooling
            Last edited by ColdAccord; 12-19-2005, 01:05 PM.
            Originally posted by blunt
            can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

[QUOTE=M3fan4eva]Anybody have any experience with the Cross-drilled rotors? Warpage/quality/feel?

How does one properly break in brand new rotors/pads anyway?[/QUOTE

every pad brand will have differing break in procedures......

save your $$$$ and go stock, ate or power slot on the rotors.....w/ upgraded pads....and fluid. Unless you want blingy drilled items.
              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

I got the kit from them
                -CD rotors (not my 1st choice)
                -metallic pads
                -SS lines
                -Fluid

They are local to me and very helpful when I have a question. The brakes are fine, had them for ~2k mi, no problems what so ever. I don't brake much, but when I do it's hard and from high speed.

Q

Comment

if they are so bad then why does mercedes put them (holes) on every AMG rotor, most "sport models" and the high end S class... they are actually cast into the rotor, not drilled. i also had no problems with warping or cracking using "Stillen cross-drilled" rotors on my 4200lb grand cherokee, and it only had 11.5" front brakes. depends on the pad and how hard you are on the brakes.

Comment

I know two other people locally with drilled rotors all the way around on there E30's and they are fine one guy even has a whole autocross season on his plus its his daily and he doesnt have any crack nor are his rotors warped. How many people have actually used them???? Very few because says that so and so so says that they crack and are crap. Well if it is an endurance racer then that is possible, but drilled rotors remove a little rotating mass and they do help cooling. I would say give them a try and then review them.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI View Post
                      if they are so bad then why does mercedes put them (holes) on every AMG rotor, most "sport models" and the high end S class... they are actually cast into the rotor, not drilled. i also had no problems with warping or cracking using "Stillen cross-drilled" rotors on my 4200lb grand cherokee, and it only had 11.5" front brakes. depends on the pad and how hard you are on the brakes.
                      Because its AMG, Ferrari? Because its Ferrari, its the name. Lambo's? Same deal. People who buy cars like that want the look as well as performance. Mostly the look, theyre not buying solid rotors for $100+k. They need show too. C'mon, its true though. I work next to a shop that works on primarily Ferraris, and Ive heard all that. The owner used to work for Ferrari itself. Also worked with them in the 360 the challenge cars. He works on some of them in his shop now, pretty sweet cars, but guess what? Theyre HUGE solid rotors with venting in the middle. The more holes that are punched through a solid piece of metal the less a pad can grab to slow the car down. People buy the street cars expect to have "racey" parts on them that look fast. Some advantages, some disadvantages, but mostly like I said before, theyre not going to be buying a car for megabux with huge wheels showing off a solid rotor that looks like it came off a Civic on steroids.

Comment

Look at it this way, I've personally seen the brake setups on several different Pro3 racecars and not a single one of them runs slotted, xdrilled or anything but just cryotreated blanks.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                        X