Millennials.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Millennials.............

Hello R3v let's start a discussion. So what's up with millennials? I for one believe in car culture and all the diversity involved in the culture.
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2015/10/...ed-generation/

How can we fix this? Would any millennials like to also voice there opinions?
    Last edited by Reub_e30; 06-18-2016, 05:46 AM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
    Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Millennials are just the new generation that the old generation likes to use to blame for every ill in the world (that were mostly caused by themselves).

That article didn't even make sense. What is he complaining about exactly? Guess what - I'm not a millennial, but I'm still going to put you down if you do something obviously stupid to your car. That kind of thing is as old as the internet itself..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      What is he complaining about exactly?
      kids on his lawn.
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

maybe you go to the wrong car meets
        BMW tech
        Umass Amherst
        05 wrx sti

Comment

Guess what - I'm not a millennial, but I'm still going to put you down if you do something obviously stupid to your car. That kind of thing is as old as the internet itself..

Shit, I was doing that before dialup.

Comment

Ah yes the politically correct car scene... Where everyone has to accept everybody's opinion on their style of car, or how they modified it. People need to get over the fact that not everyone likes the same stuff. I know people don't like what I like. Do I really care? NO.....

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
              not everyone likes the same stuff.
              Impossibru!

Comment

The mods that only serve as a way to get attention, those annoy me.

I mean, I get that some chicks are naturally an attention whore, but that same vibe coming form a dude and his car is just pathetic IMHO.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
                  So what's up with millennials? They seem to be degrading the car culture in such an embarrassing way. I say embarrassing because I for one am a millennial (I'm 21 yrs old). I feel though that I cant be put into that class because for one I dont vape, wear a snapback, or think I'm the coolest dude around.
                  What's the weather like up on that high horse?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
                    I feel though that I cant be put into that class because for one I dont vape, wear a snapback, or think I'm the coolest dude around.
                    Well you'd be a lot cooler if you vaped and wore a snapback though.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

This is what I've started to do:

I wave or flash my highs to anyone who looks like a car enthusiast. Doesn't matter what make, model, or...type of modification is on display. I used to poo-poo all that stuff, but at the end of the day they're just as excited about cars as I am. I may not personally like all of it, but I also don't own the cars!
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Millennials are just the new generation that the old generation likes to use to blame for every ill in the world (that were mostly caused by themselves).
                        Yes and no. The type of PC being taught in schools together with hands free parenting is producing some is producing an odd batch of human these days.

They don't even know what the grass is before stepping on it!

Comment

I have young kids in school - not sure i understand what you're talking about, other than vauge references to PC and generalizing a bunch of people based on when they were born.

And if it is true guess who's fault it this? These are the children and grandchildren of the very generations who love to complain about them.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I wore a backwards hat and vaped once. Does this mean I'm gay?
                            world renown Harry Potter expert
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked E30s before they were cool. Guess that means I'm a hipster. :-P

Also, its only gay if the balls touch.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X