No announcement yet.

Boat owners, check in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if anyone needs parts... gimme a call at Go2Marine.com!!! we have a massive catalog, over 300,000+ SKU's and international shipping

Comment

F'ing 5-toes. The only guy that what would be hacked, did get hacked.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Bump.

First Mate is getting comfortable on the water! Family was out of town for the weekend so we took a guys day.

No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Very nice! And that looks like on happy dog!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
            Nice. I'm only on the very fringe of the SF sailing scene. I'm trying to find my way further in however. Sailing on the bay can be rough... These shots are from the Schooner race, east of Angel Island.

If you can sail the bay, you can sail just about anywhere.

Will
            Came here to post this. Went out for the first time last weekend and JEEBUS ITS COLD
            Build Threads:
            Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

(insert an incorrectly attributed Mark Twain reference here)

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                I just made the plunge back into boat ownership. 1991 Supra Sunsport. When it was developed, it was supposed to be a ski boat, which by all accounts it was, however it was much bigger and heavier than its competition. Fast forward a few years to when wake boarding and wake surfing gained popularity and now the big heavy ski boat is a winner. It's the best entry-level price wake board boat I think one could buy.

IMO you are right on.

<<---- Owns '86 Sunsport
                1991 318iC
                1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Been out maybe 12 times since de-winterizing March 29th.

I keep her dry docked and feel kinda bad making the lift guys splash her so often but I have a lot of random weekdays off and the marina is 5 min from home so when it's nice I wanna go out on the lake!

Comment

I'm still window shopping - won't be buying a boat this summer - sadly - need to replace some lost income.

I think I have the boat selection narrowed down to a Catalina 27 tall rig with an inboard atomic. But then, I think why not just get a 22 with a trailer on the cheap....but then I would need an SUV....and a better place to store it, and, and and.....

Here's 3 of my favorite Catalina 27's. Seems the perfect size for a weekender. And so sexy!!!!!

The interior on this one is pimp. (skip to 0:50)

"build log" in pics of restoring a Catalina for a guy's daughter. It's awesome!

"Flag Blue" is the color of the haul. That color looks so nice - I bet it's a PITA to keep looking clean - but it's awesome.
                    Last edited by george graves; 05-27-2017, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Food for thought, U-haul trucks can be rented for $20.

Even if you used it 30 times a year, it's still cheap.
                      No E30 Club
                      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        Food for thought, U-haul trucks can be rented for $20.

Thanks man - but....

Last time I rented a $19.95 u-haul it cost me $360. And I was banned from uhaul for 3 years - long story - don't ask - M3 Ryan was there - let's just say, it wasn't pretty. ;) and leave it at that.

A "trailer sailer" (22-25 foot boat) takes about an 30 mins to hook up to a tow rig, and get on the road, and say a 30 mins drive. Then 30 mins to raise a mast, and then 30 mins to get it the water. Then repeat when you are done. From everything I read, and my own intuition, you don't do much sailing when it's a PITA and takes 4 hours of your day just to enjoy an hour or five.

Not to mention the tow rig is going to cost $100 a month. And registration on the trailer - $10 a month. And most boat ramps cost you $10 to splash. So...not $20?
                        Last edited by george graves; 05-27-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

$10 a month for registration seems high on a trailer.

Here in VA it's $28/ year or $75 for permanent plates.

Agree on all other counts, and Yea screw that noise.

In my defense I was simply stating the cost for the truck, not a "cost per day for boating".
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            ....but then I would need an SUV....and a better place to store it, and, and and.....

"Flag Blue" is the color of the hull.
                            I feel that! Went through that line of logic several times looking at 27' Solings.....where am I gonna park this thing off-season?! How am I gonna get it there?

I love dark blue or black hulls - makes a sexy boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
                              Came here to post this. Went out for the first time last weekend and JEEBUS ITS COLD
                              If you want someone to go be cold on the bay, let me know. I'd love to go sailing. I'm trolling for a spot on someone's boat for the SF yacht Club Great Schooner race in a couple weeks but so far I haven't had any bites. Was hoping to sail in the Master Mariners race today, but again, no luck.

Will
                              '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                              '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                              '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                                Agree on all other counts, and Yea screw that noise.

In my defense I was simply stating the cost for the truck, not a "cost per day for boating".
                                Ha! It's all good! I'm very on the low end of a budget, so every dollar counts/hurts a bit.

As a side note - I was reading up on how many people register their (+$25k) boat in Delaware with an LLC, or the Caymans to avoid registration and taxes. Guy with really big boats, will even have it sailed/motored out the country once a year, just to reset the the time limits some states impose. Crazy.
                                Last edited by george graves; 06-03-2017, 04:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X