Volvo info ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volvo info ??

I already joined volvo forums, and posted a question, which I recieved no answer for, seems to be over a week now. It seems like the guys over there either arent too savvy with performance or technical based volvo questions, or the forum itself sucks, and nobody ever sees the posts.

Anyway, I just got a 2001 Volvo V70 T5 Wagon. its just a front wheel drive one.

I picked up the car for 500.00 because the water pump failed and threw the timing belt. got a belt on it and it runs like poo. Bent valves for sure.

Im trying to figure out what cylinder heads will work on this car. Seems that volvo couldnt figure out what worked best for them and constantly switched from 2.5 liter, 2.3 T5, 2.4T5, and a few other variants, which all seem to be based off the same 5 cylinder engine.
    Does anyone around here know about these motors, and how specific to each model year do i need to stay, if i was to buy a used head and install it on the car? (i dont feel like sourcing new valves and having to worry about having a specific spring compressor etc to get them in)
    OR , do any of you know a good site I could join to get good info on these cars?
    Ive always been a BMW guy, but this car can potentially be kinda sweet..
    Attached Files

For a new head:

Call Erie Vo-Vo....tell them what you have and need.

They will take care of you.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Nice find man! I believe the fwd had less problems then the awd so that might be a good thing for you. As far as forums, have you checked out swedespeed or http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/

Comment

www.brickboard.com used to be pretty good back when I was doing the turbo 122...
        \
        t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Swedespeed and Volvospeed are the two most active forums.

Also worthy of mention are Matthewsvolvosite.com and Brickboard.com.

All of them have a wealth of knowledge and some great members, just like R3v.

2001 was the first year for the revised V70 body style so there were a few kinks, but overall they are pretty solid cars. I agree - stay away from the AWD models. The FWD, and especially any of the turbo FWD models are the way to go.

1998 V70 GLT owner here - with 200K on the clock with the original drivetrain going strong. Very useful cars to haul E30 parts around!

Good luck!

The E30 collection:
          1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
          1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
          1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
          1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
          1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
          1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
          1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
          2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
          2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Someone from here will know.

Comment

I don't know anything about those except they are swedish and they are comfortable. My cousin bought one to drive across country and it didn't miss a beat.
              Instagram
              sigpic
              Current: 99 M3
              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                I don't know anything about those except they are swedish and they are comfortable. My cousin bought one to drive across country and it didn't miss a beat.
                that's the only reason why I'd wanna buy one. The comfort on long drives and the utility makes it king of the daily drivers

ijs
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Really? Volvos????
                  Attached Files

Comment

hope it don't have a geartronic 5-speed. it will explode.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

For a FWD/AWD volvo, volvospeed.com is the best btw.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                      X