Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking for donations for running a Facebook page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wanting to see what he says when he comes back from the vacation. Although I'm wondering how you can go on vacation when you are broke? It's kind of like watching a soap opera. There are other Corvair pages, his is just the more active one with more members. Plus there are still the forums. I'm thinking people will just move on to the other pages on facebook or just go back to the forums.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

also, its takes literally no effort to run pages...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        also, its takes literally no effort to run pages...

Especially if you give 2-3 people admin abilities

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I'd pay for a decent R3V Facebook page lol
          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
            I'd pay for a decent R3V Facebook page lol
            I'd pay to delete the r3v Facebook page
            My Garage
            2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
            1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
            1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
            Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
              I'd pay to delete the r3v Facebook page
              The fear if its deleted that the dumbasses would come here.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                The fear if its deleted that the dumbasses would come here.
                If/when they do we'll give them the traditional friendly r3v greeting.

Comment

Faceballs is a terrible platform for car enthusiasts. I do not understand why it is so popular. Posts disappear into the abyss after 24hrs, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind the order at which things are displayed, the same questions are asked over and over again, all of which could have been solved by a 2min google search. No information retention and no build threads. Its really so people can inflate their ego's by counting likes....

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                    Its really so people can inflate their ego's by counting likes....
                    Thats all it really is, on Facebook and Instagram you can get "x" amount of likes for your build update, but if you post an update on a forum its more than possible you won't get any feedback.
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      If/when they do we'll give them the traditional friendly r3v greeting.
                      We are not allowed to do that anymore, we are the kinder and more sensitive types now. We dont want to hurt their sensitive little feelers and violate their safe spaces
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                        Faceballs is a terrible platform for car enthusiasts. I do not understand why it is so popular. Posts disappear into the abyss after 24hrs, there seems to be no rhyme or reason behind the order at which things are displayed, the same questions are asked over and over again, all of which could have been solved by a 2min google search. No information retention and no build threads. Its really so people can inflate their ego's by counting likes....
                        FB is a terrible forum platform. I have no idea how it's so popular. Can't search for anything, no subsections, etc. It's completely unusable. But people like easy and convenient, so I guess they go there instead of a forum where they would have to register, and sift through subforums, and god forbid, actually search for their answers instead of being spoon fed.

I think FB is good for what it was originally intended to do, which is basically social networking, keeping up with people you know, etc. Not at all a replacement for a forum which is organized, and has a searchable archive. Of course, I use a Firefox plugin that allows me to filter the shit out of content on FB, otherwise, I would have quit ages ago.

Originally posted by stonea View Post
                        Thats all it really is, on Facebook and Instagram you can get "x" amount of likes for your build update, but if you post an update on a forum its more than possible you won't get any feedback.
                        Instead of build threads, there are now "instagram builds". When I first heard that term, my feelings were a mix of WTF and disappointment.

That said, I do find IG is useful for loosely keeping up on a bunch of builds at once without having to be on a bunch of forums, and whatnot. Quite a few people I never would have found otherwise.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        We are not allowed to do that anymore, we are the kinder and more sensitive types now. We dont want to hurt their sensitive little feelers and violate their safe spaces
                        Lol, forums used to be fucking brutal. Pretty sure there was a guy on BFC who lost his job because someone on there called his employer, or something. I don't think I posted on BFC or other associated forums for a year or two after I joined. Probably for the best. I was 15/16 and as dumb as you'd expect.

Comment

The other forum i participate on (rollaclub.com), has seen a significant decline in attendance over the last say 6yrs, in favor of facebook. We have a core group of people who tend to hang around. Most of us have been there at least 8yrs. We were just discussing the other day that forum information that was developed from say 2001 to ~2013, will eventually be lost forever. I mean e30tech went down and it took all its info with it. if faceballs and other social media continue this way, we might end up with no forums left, which will means all that info from 2001-2013 will be lost. I swear everytime i google search a question about cars the answer is found in a thread that is at least 5yrs old.

All that will be left is people in a facebook group asking why their m20 idle is unstable, over and over and over again!

Comment

Can't remember where I seen it, but someone said it perfect.
                            "Facebook for opinions and forums for information"
                            My feed is mostly car related stuff, don't really participate in much other then a model car page. And even that I'm slowly going back to using a forum for model car stuff.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Working...
                            X