?? Empty harness/connector behind driver kick panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?? Empty harness/connector behind driver kick panel

1991 318is. To my knowledge, non premium audio. PO had aftermarket setup, purchased car with OEM slider headunit and some aftermarket speakers....

trying to swap standard speakers with premium speakers, took apart driver side kick panel, removed speaker and found a bunch of disconnected harnesses/plugs and also cut wires.

Can anyone help me identify??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1462.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	7249543
    i don't believe that grey and dark green wire is the wiring for the tweeters as there's another grey and slightly lighter green that flows to the door. the one circled seems to go down towards the floor...

Name:	IMG_1463.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	7249544

Name:	IMG_1460.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	7249545

Name:	IMG_1458.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	7249546
    Last edited by s1uma1; 09-28-2016, 11:30 PM.

anyone? not even a guess?

Comment

Central locking module? I know it and it's relay live in there, but I can't remember what else.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Central locking eh? I just shoved everything back in after wiring up the speakers... Figured my car started and it runs so everything is good

Comment

The central locking module and dome light relay are located in there. In the first pic I can see your lock module, The black box just inside the speaker cutout. The second pic looks like the dome light relay connector(missing relay), It should be mounted to the lock module using the tabs on the side of the connector in your pic. Do your dome lights work?

Comment

Yeah, dome lights work. They work if I switch them on.... They also also turn on when driver side door opens, but not passenger side.. Any clue what the cut wires are in the first pic?

Comment

so thanks for the responses... looks like all those loose plugs are related to dome light delay and such... i guess some car had the relay and some didnt... =/

now just gotta figure out why the dome lights stay off when passenger door opens...

Comment

I do believe the non premium cars still have the tweeter wires. Shouldn't be too hard to trace them or check the wiring diagram
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

You can find a wiring diagram here:

The two cut wires in your first picture look like they go to the dome light relay. (green/white, red/black)

Second picture is definitely dome light relay connector.

Third picture looks like unused connectors for some option your car doesn't have.

Forth picture is definitely for the speakers. Yellow/brown will be negative, the other will be positive.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                    I do believe the non premium cars still have the tweeter wires. Shouldn't be too hard to trace them or check the wiring diagram
                    Yeah... i traced the tweeter wires with a multimeter. Now i have tweeter that work =P

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                      You can find a wiring diagram here:

The two cut wires in your first picture look like they go to the dome light relay. (green/white, red/black)

Second picture is definitely dome light relay connector.

Third picture looks like unused connectors for some option your car doesn't have.

Forth picture is definitely for the speakers. Yellow/brown will be negative, the other will be positive.
                      Thanks for the clarification. One of the joys of getting a 26 year old used cars... figuring out what all the loose wires are

Comment

Working...
                      X