Rusty is back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    I guess all the "Kill it with fire" memes should be removed from teh interwebz. Rusty is proof that it doesn't work.
    We can always hope
    Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    I can't come to grips with the reality that all the fanboys are soaking their skinny jeans on a car with no sparkplug wires.
    Who doesn't like an expensive paperweight? All this racecar bling on something which core purpose is to grab attention while hard parking at shows or on the intrawebz...
    Originally posted by J.Rizo View Post
    you gotta at LEAST respect his (and andrew's) hard work and dedication.
    If only it wasn't so wasted on the automotive equivalent of an Ed Hardy shirt.
    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    It would be a huge waste of money to not take it to the track
    So much time, effort, and money into this... if only it was functional

Oh well... I'm just someone who would rather see builds in a paddock instead of a car show...

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Can you imagine how sexy the picture will be as it drops down the corkscrew at Laguna?
      Just did, and now I will feel personally robbed if I never get to see it.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
        We can always hope

Who doesn't like an expensive paperweight? All this racecar bling on something which core purpose is to grab attention while hard parking at shows or on the intrawebz...

So much time, effort, and money into this... if only it was functional

Oh well... I'm just someone who would rather see builds in a paddock instead of a car show...
        Relax homie, it's just not finished yet. I didn't build it just to look at it :giggle:

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385 View Post
          The automotive equivlant to an ed hardy shirt is a Mustang...Why? Because almost everyone can actually afford one, just like an ed hardy tshirt, and its trying to be something more than it is, like an ed hardy tshirt.

This would be the equivlant to a guy that had a sheep that was a total retard and got hit by a car. Then the sheep owner turned the sheeps coat into a tshirt and hand designed graphics that they wanted on a shirt.

Is this cary super trendy, maybe. But then again isn't this the car that started the rat rod scene in BMWs to begin with, or at least made it popular.

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
          Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
            its trying to be something more than it is
            Mustangs are, but Rusty isn't? Most American Iron cars with "NASA-spec" cages, fuel cells, and race tires are actually running and built to compete, not just to pose...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
            Relax homie, it's just not finished yet. I didn't build it just to look at it :giggle:
            Nah, you need to garner attention and "freak out" the purists too. (*YAWN*) And maybe, possibly, have a car that can move under its own power (500HP!?)... but that'll likely just to be able to get the right angle for a low fisheye perspective in a parking lot. OMG, SO MUCH LOWZ...

Originally posted by Lof8 View Post
            It'll see a track for a stanceworks photo shoot. But I bet that's all.
            What more can be done with it? Destruction derby? So FUH RAZE that doesn't fit in any race class supposedly...

Comment

I like you.

Comment

So let me get this straight. The last iteration of rusty was too stancey for you people... now this iteration is too racecar-y?

I'm just going to go find the nearest bridge to jump off now...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                  So let me get this straight. The last iteration of rusty was too stancey for you people... now this iteration is too racecar-y?

Is 2010 too late to understand FUH RAZE?

Whether it is dropped on the ground too far to be useful and just for show, or loaded with race parts but not actually raceable and just for show, same story just different "fashion"...

If he put this effort into purposeful builds, they might be on par with SpeedyCop. This is just a sad waste tho.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post

qft

Just hurry up and finish it mike I want to hear it.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat. I don't want to want to drive it, I wouldn't be able to hear Drizzy

Comment

hahahahaha holy shit

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I love the new look.

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf View Post
                            A traditional X made it nearly impossible to get in to the car, and more important, out of it, should there be an emergency. It's hard to grasp the scale of the car through photos, but it's quite small (much smaller at this point than an E30.)
                            The door bar setup we opted for isn't what I'd call ideal, but it's got a defined load path and if you follow the tube work and nodes, t should be just about impossible to crunch up.
                            :)
                            That makes since. Similar reasons for why I went X bar vs. Nascar - getting my 6'1" with helmet and HANS in and out during enduro's..

I didn't see a mention if you were going to run this in a specific class. If you came up here to the PNW, you could fit in ST - though with that weight - you'll need to either shed a bunch of HP or add a couple Fat Chicks worth of ballast.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                              I'm not that pasty lol.

And I'd like to touch you Fred :giggle:
                              hi2u

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by semaj4712 View Post
                                Please for the love of god do Pikes Peak in this thing!

You can use my massive garage for staging. I walk down to the fan festival in downtown Colorado Springs every year since it's only a mile or so from my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Working...
                                X