anyone ever do a center exit exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone ever do a center exit exhaust?

I am working on ideas for my build and have considered cutting out the spare tire well (because racecar) and maybe utilizing the additional space to fab up some kind of center exit exhaust and surround everything with a custom diffuser.

I have been searching, but I havn't seen anyone do this yet. Does anyone know of someone that tried this?

I want to do this on my iX, which has no spare tire well...
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

My friend did it to his former s54 e30 M3

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Very cool! I think I am going to look more into doing this. My car ended up not being as pristine as I thought It was when I bought it, so I don't mind making mods like this.

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
          Very cool! I think I am going to look more into doing this. My car ended up not being as pristine as I thought It was when I bought it, so I don't mind making mods like this.
          Cool. If it's worth your money vs. time doing it on your own, Garagistic sells a delete plate

BMW E30 SPARE WHEEL WELL DELETE PANEL Here we have a handy little item that may just help you with your race car prep! This simple spare wheel well delete panel, is a must for shaving weight, adding a functional diffuser, or running a different configuration exhaust. We made this panel when we were doing just that on

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Subbed. I've been playing around with ideas for this in my head for quite a while. Sounds like we have identical thoughts on how to execute it too.

Here are two photos I randomly stumbled upon and saved that add some visuals and inspiration.

Last edited by Sh3rpak!ng; 02-10-2017, 03:36 PM.
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
              Subbed. I've been playing around with ideas for this in my head for quite a while. Sounds like we have identical thoughts on how to execute it too.

Here are two photos I randomly stumbled upon and saved that add some visuals and inspiration.
              Pics don't show up unfortunately :(

Center exhausts are baller
              1989 325 iX // 2014 Fiesta ST

Comment

Originally posted by Volumetrik View Post
                Pics don't show up unfortunately :(

Center exhausts are baller
                pics work now? center exhausts are definitely baller 100%
                Shadetree30

Comment

Like this? E30drama on ig
                  Attached Files
                  Build Thread
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
                  Parts Thread
                  https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                    Kinda. I'd say not as wide, a little more cut into the valence, no "planes" in the diffuser except the sides, and the exhaust tips further apart, more like the widebody m3 I posted. Actually what I'd like to do is a combo of both the ones I posted. Diffuser like the red car, exhaust tips like the widebody. But that's just me.
                    Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
                      The exhaust on this car is negatively affecting what the diffuser is supposed to be doing.

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                      Kinda. I'd say not as wide, a little more cut into the valence, no "planes" in the diffuser except the sides, and the exhaust tips further apart, more like the widebody m3 I posted. Actually what I'd like to do is a combo of both the ones I posted. Diffuser like the red car, exhaust tips like the widebody. But that's just me.
                      That's good. The higher you cut into the valance and angle your diffuser, the greater pressure differential you're creating which is great since you like to track the car.
                      Last edited by ak-; 02-10-2017, 06:52 PM.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

We are experimenting with this idea a little as well:

Comment

Originally posted by garagistic View Post
                          Nice! I've seen this car. Well executed, but not my taste. I also want to be able to use the trunk :D
                          Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by garagistic View Post

Looks bad ass, can you post a picture of the pipe routing inside the trunk?

Comment

that has to drone like hell in the cabin I would imagine! Keep the ideas coming! I am finally at the point where the motor swap should be going in very soon and will start working on aesthetics and exhaust after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X