Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CA - 1989 325i/is - Alpine white - New interior - Stroker motor - Plenty go fast bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CA - 1989 325i/is - Alpine white - New interior - Stroker motor - Plenty go fast bits

Today, I am regrettably writing this advertisement for my beloved 1989 BMW 325i/is. I’ve owned the car for just under three years and have gone through the car extensively to restore and tastefully modify this gem of a 3er. This project of mine has been a labor of love since day one. I truly enjoy the e30 BMW platform and it has rewarded me with endless memories, experiences, and lasting friendships. As an engineering student, I have used it as a platform to execute my acquired knowledge and skills; cutting no corner. The e30 is a real looker’ as the mature folk may call it, however at this time my mind has been wandering and wanting to experience more cars; so I have decided to list her up for sale to fund my next project. So as you drive away with your newly acquired “neck breaking, show stopping, corner crushing, babe getting, grandpa waving, panty dropping, internet forum page slaying” ride; I will shed a tear, and suffer years upon years of sellers remorse.

I’ll cut to the chase with some notable punchline information to convince your significant other to trade in the wedding band to assist the “fun car fund”

If you are truly interested in the car, you’re best off reading through my entire build thread on the R3vlimited forums. There I go more in depth on how far this car has come and what has been done over my ownership (with additional photos). Please read through it before shooting me an email with a simple question; odds are, I’ve already answered it in there…

-Overview-

Title status: Clean and clear

Chassis Mileage: 204k Miles, however odometer gears were inoperable for roughly two to three years prior to my ownership, however the PO stated he didn’t drive the car much. I’d assume an additional 10-15k miles on top of the original mileage. Please read further in the details. REBUILT MOTOR AND MAJORITY OF DEGRADABLE COMPONENTS REPLACED!

Maintenance: I have done all scheduled and recommended maintenance with the addition of what is listed below with a folder full of receipts.

-Interior-

•Freshly reupholstered Sport interior in Unisuede/M-rain fabric, finished off with Yellow topstitching

•Yellow seatbelts and Porsche RS style door pulls to match the stitching in the seats

•CRACK FREE dashboard

•Amazing condition Anthacite carpet, just recently shampoo’d and installed

•Renown Monaco Motorsport steering wheel w/ Momo hub and 1” extension

•Gauge cluster rebuilt with Bavrest components, Red Needles and Alpina tach strip

•Euro clock with matching red needles

•BMW OE mushroom style shift knob with Mtech shifter pattern emblem.

•Custom made center console cup holders (Seriously a life saver)

•E36 window switches

•OE disguised voltmeter

•Custom magnetic phone mount

-Audio-

•Kenwood KDC head unit with CD, Bluetooth, Iphone, USB, Pandora, etc. features

•Factory premium sound tweeters, upgraded front mid range speakers

•Rear premium sound housings with updated Kenwood speakers

•Alpine 2 channel amplifier to power the JL sub box (2 sealed 10” woofers)

-Exterior –

•Repainted roughly 10 years ago: gorgeous paint considering it’s age. No sign of overspray or funny business. Paint corrected and sealed with a hybrid ceramic coating at the beginning of the year! I would rate it an 8/10, but I’m quite anal…

•VERY straight body and hardly any visible dings or dents (Had the car undergo paint-less dent removal earlier this year)

•~2.5 year old OEM Euro bumper trim front and rear! Not that Chinese BS many vendors sell nowadays that fade after 6 months…

•OEM imported euro grills

•OEM ZKW clear blinker covers

•Fog light deletes

•IS front lip spoiler

•IS side skirts (Just added last month)

•E28 Mtech 1 wing

•DEPO smoked smiley headlights

•Euro plate filler

•Front BMW plate filler (Sorta NLA now I believe)

-Engine/Transmission/Driveline/Exhaust-

•2.7i Stroker motor + Shrick cam: fully rebuilt by TEM Performance ~15k miles on the engine prior to install. ~7k miles post install (full story in build thread)

•Every gasket and seal in the engine/ engine bay has been replaced ~7k miles ago upon engine installation minus the head gasket and oil pan gasket

•New OEM Sachs Clutch and pressure plate + Custom OE flywheel shaved and resurfaced down to just under 12lbs ~7k miles

•Transmission input shaft seal replaced at the same time. Output shaft seal and shifter input shaft seal replaced ~12k

•Guibo and center support replaced ~30k with no sign of wear

•Garagistic 80A motor mounts ~7k

•Turner motorsports chip

•Red46 Sump armor skidplate

•Ireland engineering DSSR, and garagistic carrier bushings, generic short shifter ~12k

•Stock exhaust up until the catback. Custom catback with Magnaflow 14815 muffler (nice rich tone and not too loud!) ~15k miles

•Currently has 2.93 open diff installed from my trip down to LA for Bimmerfest and an extended weekend getaway. The car made it all the way down and back without a hiccup and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again tomorrow! However, I’ll be installing a 4.10 limited slip diff back into the car soon.

-Wheels/Suspension/brakes/Unsprung-

•17x8.5/9 Staggered multi-piece Mtechnica Aero’s (ceramic coated) and wrapped in 215/40 Yokohama S drives ~3k miles

•Wilwood 4 piston BBK up front, New in box rotors and pads included ready for the next brake job

•Rear Brembo blank rotors and unknown pads (don’t remember from the top of my head)

•Stainless steel brake lines + ATE Type 200 brake fluid ~10k miles

•Rack doctor rebuilt z3 steering rack ~30k miles

•Front lower control arms ~30k miles

•Megan Coilovers with 10k/12k (560lb/670lb) Spring rates 15k miles

•Ireland engineering 22/19mm sway bars, adjustable end links, and appropriate reinforcements ~30k miles

•Febi front wheel bearings ~10k miles

•Treehouse racing CAB’s ~30k miles

-Notable imperfections that I haven’t gotten around to-

•Front fenders rolled Improperly on one side and left some cracking in the paint. Unnoticeable from 10+ feet, unless you really look for it, but it bothers me..

•I should have replaced the oil pan seal before dropping in the motor, however at the time didn’t think it was necessary. Drips some oil because of that…

•Once every 20ish starts, it takes a couple extra cranks to get it started. I believe it’s a small vacuum leak, however I haven’t been able to chase it down yet. 95% of the time it starts in under 5 cranks (quick).

•No A/C (components require r134 conversion to meet today’s standards). Being that I never used A/C I didn’t want to convert it, however with the right parts can easily be obtained and installed

-Side notes-

The car is very clean. It stays garaged 90% of the time (often with a cover), however it is also driven daily proving its reliability. It hasn't caused me a single hiccup since swapping the stroked engine in. I wash the car almost weekly and only use high end detailing products and the safest measures of keeping it clean (I'm that guy who rips/cuts the tags off of microfibers to prevent any kind of scratching). I have only driven it roughly 12k miles in the past two years, and a big majority of that is to shows and events. In he past two months, I drove it down to bimmerfest and an extended vacation putting almost 1200 miles on it In one weekend. Not a single issue along the way!

I have quite a lot of time and money invested into the car. (A decent amount more than what I am asking for). Recreating this car would cost far more than my asking price… The wheels and interior alone would total more than the typical Craigslist e30 with a laundry list of broken parts, problems, and questionable repairs.

I feel that my price at $14k is fair considering the location and that the market price for these classic e30’s just keeps getting higher and higher. I don’t particularly want to sell it, nor do I need to. But I am listing it as I'd like to move on to an e46 M3. DO NOT WASTE MY TIME unless you have the cash or a 95-2005 M3 or a 99-02 z3 coupe (with cash on either end depending on value). I’ll be purchasing one anyway, might as well make it one transaction if you have the right car. I’m quite picky, so don’t expect me to say yes to just any car.

PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE, BUT ONLY IN PERSON WITH SERIOUS BUYERS. If I get a message saying "What's the lowest you'll go right now" or something along those lines; I'll probably just ignore the message...

Thanks for taking the time to read through my ad!

Check it by build thread for more photos and details on the car!

Last edited by Toodaloo; 07-22-2017, 06:04 PM.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Truly a fantastic example.

GLWS
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

WTF. I have followed your build since you started it. I wish you luck on your sale.
      How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Love it. Good luck!

Comment

Gawd. This is such a beautiful build..

Comment

Considering the amount of money I've dumped into my car over the past 18 months (purchase price + maintenance), $14K is a bargain. This car is stunning. Good luck!

Comment

This car is worth every penny you are asking. Don't go any lower. Sold my 325is a year ago for 13k within a week of listing it but yours is much better condition.
              1990 e30 325is S50 swap (NASA GTS2 race car)
              1990 e30 325is
              1988 e30 M3 S50 euro swap

Comment

Definitely one of the nicer examples I've seen in a long time. GLWS
                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Damn. I remember I saw this car at the paddock and I absolutely loved it. GLWS man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

holy shit, this is the perfect e30... actually makes me contemplate getting back into the e30 game.
                    2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                    (Daily Driver)
                    Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                    KW V2 Coilovers
                    VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I'll gamble for 10k

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
                      Current Cars:
                      2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                      2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                      2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB
                      1991 318is SLICKTOP H&R SPRING SEMA CAR
                      1991 318IS SLICKTOP STERLING SILVER
                      1990 325ic BRONZIT/AUTO :)
                      1989 E30 M3 (SOLD AWAITING SHIPPING)

On Order:
                      2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                      CLEAN E30'S
                      S54 DRIVETRAIN
                      E30 DASH
                      E30 PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        Truly a fantastic example.

GLWS
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                        WTF. I have followed your build since you started it. I wish you luck on your sale.
                        Thank you! I'm really not wanting to sell it, but want to move on to a newer car.

Originally posted by vrracr View Post
                        Love it. Good luck!
                        Much appreciated!

Originally posted by s1uma1 View Post
                        Gawd. This is such a beautiful build..
                        Thanks! It really has come a long way.

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                        Considering the amount of money I've dumped into my car over the past 18 months (purchase price + maintenance), $14K is a bargain. This car is stunning. Good luck!
                        They eat up a lot of money if you want them to be pretty! I have probably at least $15k in receipts not including the original cost of the car.

Originally posted by vitiokas95 View Post
                        This car is worth every penny you are asking. Don't go any lower. Sold my 325is a year ago for 13k within a week of listing it but yours is much better condition.
                        I'm staying pretty firm, thanks!

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
                        Definitely one of the nicer examples I've seen in a long time. GLWS
                        Thank you sir!

Originally posted by e30tru View Post
                        Damn. I remember I saw this car at the paddock and I absolutely loved it. GLWS man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Thanks man! It's come a long way since then!

Originally posted by Mr. Tasty View Post
                        holy shit, this is the perfect e30... actually makes me contemplate getting back into the e30 game.
                        Thanks, you should! This one definitely won't be my last. It's treated me so well!

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
                        I'll gamble for 10k

Haha, as in you'll expect for it to sell for that much or that's how much you're bidding?
                        I have two $14k offers on the board and meeting the first party next weekend.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

Comment

So somebody offered you full price without seeing the car? I would jump all over that sir yes that meant I have a real $10,000 check

Current Cars:
                          2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                          2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                          2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB

On Order:
                          2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for:
                          CLEAN E30'S
                          S54 DRIVETRAIN
                          E30 DASH
                          E30 PARTS

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60 freak View Post
                            So somebody offered you full price without seeing the car? I would jump all over that sir yes that meant I have a real $10,000 check

They would obviously check out the car in person before dropping that kind of money. However, they're interested at full or close to full price if all is well...

I can say right now that I will not sell the car for $10,000. At that price, I'd rather keep it... Thanks anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                              They would obviously check out the car in person before dropping that kind of money. However, they're interested at full or close to full price if all is well...

I can say right now that I will not sell the car for $10,000. At that price, I'd rather keep it... Thanks anyway!
                              Certainly fair enough, I'm over the top anal so I was just taking in consideration that I would have to do some body repairs and paint work and quite possibly some other items to satisfy what I'm looking for, best of luck with the sale.

Current Cars:
                              2016 PORSCHE GT3 RS
                              2017 FERRARI 488GTB
                              2018 RAPTOR CREW CAB

On Order:
                              2018 DODGE DEMON

Searching for: