M20B27 singlemass on 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20B27 singlemass on 24v

I've got a brand new singlemass flywheel from my 325e.

My understanding is that these bolt right onto the M20B25 engines, right? If that's the case, they'll bolt right onto the 24V engines no?

The only difference being that it has that reference pin on it.
    Originally posted by TSI
    ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
    OEM+

Is it the thicker version meant to accommodate the deeper bellhousing on certain eta 260s? If so it may not work with other transmissions properly.

-NICK

Comment

Should only be thicker on the ring gear side. Trans people have run into issues with is the very late dual mass cars.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        Should only be thicker on the ring gear side. Trans people have run into issues with is the very late dual mass cars.
        Oh nice. This will be mated to a S50 with a G250 trans.

So my M20B27 starter and flywheel should work then. Anyone know which throw out bearing or pilot bearing I should use?

A M20 pilot bearing and a G250 throw out bearing sounds correct, no?

Thanks!
        Originally posted by TSI
        OEM+

Comment

The pilot has to match the trans input diameter. The ZF and the g240 use the larger ID bearing, the g260 uses the smaller ID.

Yes, starter has to match the ring gear (flywheel). Some ring gears can be swapped to other FW's, but to keep things simple I tend to just use the appropriate starter.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            The pilot has to match the trans input diameter. The ZF and the g240 use the larger ID bearing, the g260 uses the smaller ID.

Yes, starter has to match the ring gear (flywheel). Some ring gears can be swapped to other FW's, but to keep things simple I tend to just use the appropriate starter.
            Much appreciated!
            Originally posted by TSI
            OEM+

Comment

Working...
            X