An Alpina E30 For The Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Alpina E30 For The Street

Sorry if this is a repost but I stumbled upon this and had to share.

By definition, what we do here at Speedhunters is hunt. We’re always on the lookout for something unique that stops us in our tracks, and the stories that come from true on-the-spot finds when we are out in the field are always my favourites. When I headed to Studie the other week to have the suspension, wheels and tyres fitted to Project …

Studie-Alpina-E30-21-1200x800 by phled1, on Flickr

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

If that was indeed an original Alpina then I think it's a damn waste. It makes no sense why people go crazy modding cars that are rare and distinguished performance models, not to mention far more valuable when left in their original specification. Idiot could have built pretty much the same car using any early model chassis.
    My Feedback

Comment

Guess it's a museum piece, missing the tax registraton sticker on the windshield. Japan tax is based on engine size, I think only the Alpina e30s came with 2.7l engines so probably only way to stay legal.

Comment

That has been floating around awhile and it's a travesty.. Those stripes just look so wrong on it and just look weird. Graphics should compliment the body lines..
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

the car certainly looks super rad but the fact that it was an alpina makes me a little bummed. At least they kept the original engine
          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
            that has been floating around awhile and it's a travesty.. Those stripes just look so wrong on it and just look weird. Graphics should compliment the body lines..
            +1
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

The wheels are a no.
              sigpic
              Gun control means using both hands
              Sex, Drugs, Rock 'n roll. Pick two.

Comment

graphics make the car look like a bath tub.
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I was hoping it was just a fun rendering but it's sad to see what someone has done to an original Alpina. It doesn't look like it's even been on the track.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Looks quite well done, regardless of the questionable graphics and wheel choice and if its real alpina etc. The rear guards look good. They have certainly thrown some cash at it.

I wonder how much better that intake manifold is over the stocko one, wouldn't surprise if it is worse at most RPMs except for WOT 5500rpm+ which i suppose if its a race car is what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
                      Looks quite well done, regardless of the questionable graphics and wheel choice and if its real alpina etc. The rear guards look good. They have certainly thrown some cash at it.

I wonder how much better that intake manifold is over the stocko one, wouldn't surprise if it is worse at most RPMs except for WOT 5500rpm+ which i suppose if its a race car is what you want.
                      looks like OE S50 ITB manifold and without the full length runners, so probably a gross missmatch for a 200bhp engine
                      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Article says something about the original dash being wood-clad for the Alpina model...didn't think there were any wood-clad options for any E30 out there. Lol

Comment

It was an overlay add on option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Get rid of those stripes, change out the wheels to a more period correct style....and maybe downsize those lower valance driving lights and you'll be on to something good. The body work enhancements seem cohesive with the E30s design.

Jon
                            Rides...
                            1991 325i - sold :(
                            2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

This is a repost, but it's pretty cool none the less :D

Alpina did do wooden inserts for the e30, so that would lend weight to the idea that it was an Alpina... (well that + the Alpina build plate of course!)

Shame, they could have just used any old 318i as a base.
                              My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                              X