In search of my old E30..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In search of my old E30..

I know its a long shot but I'm trying to buy back my old E30. A vin search said says its currently registered in California. If anyone knows how to find an owner from a vin that would surely help! Though I'm not sure if I legally can.

Keep an eye out for this one!
    1990 325i auto with cloth interior

Last edited by Jezza; 07-23-2017, 10:20 AM.
    E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
    Insane Innovations LLC
    DTMFiberwerkz
    Achilles Radial

Did you sell it to a woman? I remember seeing a young dark haired gal driving a car that looked like that leaving a residential neighborhood in Westchester (Los Angeles, zip code 90045) near the intersection of Manchester and Lincoln (i was walking out of KFC when it drove by). Loyola Marymount University is just north of all the houses in that neighborhood.

It was last year, and the car did look exactly like the one pictured, and i remember liking the aggressive wheels and thinking it odd that they're on a 4-door with a girl driving.

Dunno if it's the exact same car, but if not then they're almost twins. If i see the car again, i'll flag it down or try to get a picture, or leave a note if it's parked. The car was unique and it stuck in my head (and i have a really good memory). And i do think they're the same wheels (i have a wheel fetish ha ha).

Edit - the KFC is at 8500 Lincoln Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90045, and she was driving southbound on Fordham road towards Manchester.

I would post this in the California E30 Sightings thread:

Last edited by randywalters; 07-21-2017, 07:23 AM.
    Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
    1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
    1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
    1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
    2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
    2005 X3 (little woman's car)
    Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
    Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

Thanks mate!

I sold it to a gentleman but it was a few years ago so it could have changed hands again. If you lead me to it I'll throw you a finders fee!
      E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
      Insane Innovations LLC
      DTMFiberwerkz
      Achilles Radial

Comment

I saw one that looked like this yesterday, but it was on bottlecaps. It was lowered though and was manual. In the LAX/ Manchester area. Didnt look enthusiast owned either. Here in LA there are a TON of E30s and most are not owned by enthusiasts

What are some distinguishing features besides the easy to replace stuff like wheels? A dent that would be hard to miss and hard to fix ?
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I added a couple more pictures, It had a super clean body so other than the chip on the hood I can't remember anything unique about it.

The emblems, antenna and wheels are about it. It is lowered on H&R springs and Bilstiens
          E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
          Insane Innovations LLC
          DTMFiberwerkz
          Achilles Radial

Comment

It definitely wasn't the one I saw. But at least there is more details to go off of. Also are you sure it's in SoCal?
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

From the vin check all I could see was that it's registered in California
              E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
              Insane Innovations LLC
              DTMFiberwerkz
              Achilles Radial

Comment

Working...
              X