No announcement yet.

might get some spacers made up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess instead of 10, I'm going to have to get 13. Freakin' poke.
    Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Racer View Post
      I've heard of FK spacers falling apart over time. Personally, I cannot see how this would happen unless the hub face was *really* nasty prior to installation....
      I can't see it either - just like the h&rs, they're pieces of machined aluminum, not subject to rust like steel would be.
      Jay

Comment

Tire Rack has what you need (3mm, 57.1 center bore, aluminum, etc.), and they're cheap ($12/each). Part number is TR364.

i cant find them on there site....
        91 e30 318is M50 SOLD
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=149570
        92 325 vert project
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=341370

Comment

Definitely better to call for something like that.
          Slicktop City!

Comment

Originally posted by ldsbeaker View Post
            Definitely better to call for something like that.
            ya i tried but there not open. ill call Monday.
            91 e30 318is M50 SOLD
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=149570
            92 325 vert project
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=341370

Comment

They totally don't have a lip on the inside to "carry" the wheel.
              I want a spacer like they have in 15mm, just 10.
              Why? measure your hub.

Or switch to studs so you don't even have to bother with being hubcentric. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by AlarmedBread View Post
                Why? measure your hub.

Or switch to studs so you don't even have to bother with being hubcentric. ;)
                Not a good idea. You really want to maintain a hubcentric relationship, even with studs. Studs just make mounting/dismounting wheels a bit easier.

BTW, BBS makes 10mm spacers. Expensive ($90), but they should still be available through BBS directly.
                Garrick
                1989 325is
                DSP #72

Comment

reheheheally. brb.
                  Slicktop City!

Comment

well. I looked for BBS spacers. Couldn't really find anything.
                    HOWEVER I did fill out a custom quote on wheeladapter.com, and no shit, less than 5 minutes later this 71 year old man calls me back on the phone.
                    We yakked for about 2 minutes about the spacers (he sounds like he knows his shit), and told me he will make CUSTOM spacers to go on my car. $60 a piece. ($$!!) Then, since I gave him my work email, he asked about me, and we ended up talking about the war and stuff for about 5 minutes. He just emailed me back, too.
                    I don't think I can keep up with this septegenarian!!
                    Slicktop City!

Comment

well. I looked for BBS spacers. Couldn't really find anything.
                      HOWEVER I did fill out a custom quote on wheeladapter.com, ...

The reason 10mm hubcentric spacers are virtually nonexistent for our cars is that there simply isn't much material between the back side of the spacer (where it engages the protrusion of the hub) to the front side of the spacer protrusion (where the spacer engages the center of the wheel).

Basically, the risk is having the center of the spacer be punched out.
                      Garrick
                      1989 325is
                      DSP #72

Comment

Well I'm going to give it a go with this guy. I'll report back.
                        Slicktop City!

Comment

Vorshlag makes 5mm for you 4x100 guys

Comment

Originally posted by fretburnr View Post
                            Here's a list of FK spacers all with 57.1 hub openings (anything bigger than 12mm has hubcentric extension, below that there's not enough material to make it happen). I have the 20mm type A ones, and they're just as quality as H&R.

3,5,8,10,13,15,20 mm in type A (normal spacers)

also Type B bolt-on spacers in 15,20,25,30,35 mm

http://www.ngpracing.com/Merchant2/m...de=spacer4x100
                            Thinking of either the 15mm or the 20mm - wheels are 16x7.5 ET 40, 88 cabrio (low arches), IE 3 springs, not sure on tire size yet - thoughts?
                            Originally posted by alpinaclone
                            Since the real economy is in the shitter, I say we start our own.

This is how it works; you buy my junk, then I will buy more junk and so on so forth etc. etc. Think of the future of your children and buy my stuff.

Comment

Just found this for you 4x100 guys as well:

Comment

Not a good idea. You really want to maintain a hubcentric relationship, even with studs. Studs just make mounting/dismounting wheels a bit easier.
                                Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant non-hubcentric spacers are OK, I've had 0 issues with the cheapo universal ones you can get for $5 each at any tire shop Should be ok for anything 10mm or less. YMMV however.

Comment

Working...
                                X